fourteen

Wonwoo breathed in the stuffy air of the train carriage and adjusted his position in his seat, rolling his head to the side so it was resting on the window, where strands of his black hair clung to the condensation on the glass.

"So where are we going?" Mingyu asked from next to him, "and why so late at night. You're not kidnapping me, right? I mean, I know I'm irresistible and all but you could really just ask."

Wonwoo rolled his eyes. "You'll see when we get there."

"That sounds even more like you're kidnapping me. You don't have a white van and duct tape waiting for us when we get off the train, do you?"

"Why am I even bothering?" sighed Wonwoo, his mouth curving into a smile, "you're so childish."

"I am a child, you emo dipshit."

Wonwoo turned his head towards Mingyu to give him a slightly amused smile. "Just let me listen to music and have a somewhat peaceful train journey. I mean, I do have to put up with you for the entire night once we get where we're meant to be going."

Mingyu's hand hit Wonwoo's forearm in a playful swat, followed by a grin. "What are you listening to?"

"BigBang."

"I thought you were too edgy for BigBang," Mingyu replied, raising his eyebrows before tugging one of the headphones from Wonwoo's ear and popping it into his own.

"Did you ask?" Wonwoo said, poking Mingyu's arm, the smile still on his face.

"I don't need to. You know you love me anyway."

"So are you going to be quiet or not?"

In the end, Mingyu was quiet; almost too quiet, as 'Let's Not Fall In Love' started to play through their headphones and the time on Wonwoo's phone screen displayed 9:42. A sudden weight fell on Wonwoo's shoulders and he glanced at Mingyu to see what was happening.

Wonwoo realised with a strange feeling bubbling in his chest that the weight on his shoulders was in fact Mingyu's head, fast asleep with eyes closed and mouth open. Wonwoo smiled and for some reason found himself caught up in the younger boy using his shoulder as a pillow.

Mingyu really was attractive, Wonwoo noticed, with smooth tanned skin and closed eyes with long, pretty eyelashes that ghosted across the skin underneath his eyes. His lips hung open, looking soft, with soft snores emitting from them, almost blocked out by Seungri's vocals through the headphones emitting from them.

The train announcement and the feeling of the almost empty train pulling to a stop brought Wonwoo back to his senses and out of the sort of trance Mingyu's sleeping form had put him in, leaving him wondering why he was even staring that much at another guy, let alone his best friend.

"Mingyu," Wonwoo said, poking the taller boy's forehead and pulling out both of their headphones, winding the wires into a coil around his phone before slipping them into his pocket, "it's our stop."

With a lazy, tired grunt that Wonwoo found strangely cute, Mingyu's eyes fluttered open, looking blearily at his surroundings before sitting bolt upright and clearing his throat, looking extremely embarrassed about sleeping on Wonwoo. Wonwoo felt his cheeks heat up as did Mingyu's, so turned his head away completely and stood up abruptly, snatching up his bags from the bag rail above their seats on the train.

"Let's go, then, sleepyhead."

"Shut up, pillow arm."