Chapter 15: "Holding Back"

I stood there frozen, I couldn't move as she fell back to sleep. She doesn't remember. Now I understand why she reacted like that, she doesn't remember.

Ashley's POV

My body aches, I feel like I've been thrown out of a moving car. I try to lift my arms but I can only raise them a bit before they are forced back down. I finally open my eyes and hiss at the sunlight. I look around and spot a blond hair blue eyed man. He's sleeping on the couch in the corner, his feet hang over the side and his mouth is slightly open.

The door opens and a girl with red scrubs walk in. She looks surprise to see me up, she starts to walk over to the male but I try and wave her down. When she finally gets to my side I whisper for her not to wake him.

"Do you want to sit up?" she asks we're still whispering trying not to wake him; I nod and slowly rise with the bed. My stomach tightens with the new movement.

"What day is it?" I ask as she pulls a tray over the bed and sets a cup in the middle.

"It's December 2" she says whilst pouring water in the styrofoam cup. She releases my arms from the side of the bed. "Drink,"

"But the last I remember it was July and I was in the car with Kameron to the festival." I say after I finish off the water.

"Love you've been out for months." How? It feels like I just took a nap.

"What happened?" the nurse looks up and pulls out a flash light, shinning it in my eyes.

"What is your name?"

"It's Ashley, why am I in here?"

"When is your birthday?"

"January 21st, why are you asking me this?"

"Ashley you were in 2 accidents on September 30th, you've been out for 2 months." I don't even remember how it happened, or what I was doing. I could feel my headache come back, I pushed back the thinking and looked at the guy on the awful colored sofa.

"He's never left you know." I look at her confused; before I could ask her who he was she left. I look around and try and remember the 5 month gap I've totally forgotten.

I close my eyes try to get something to click, I finished getting ready with Kam then we left. When I open my eyes it's just more frustrating.

I lift the covers and observe my body, my legs are bruised up and I have stitches up my leg, then car lights flood my mind and it feels like I got the wind knocked out of me. I blink and it's raining and then I see the car lights again.

I open my eyes and the scene erases, I look over to the blond when a guy walks in.

"Can I help you?" I said a little horse,

"It's me Liam." He looked just as confused as I was

"Who are you? Oh were you there at the accident? I can't seem to remember anyth- why are you crying?" he had tears running down his face.

"Ashley it's me, Liam. You don't remember me? You have to!" he raised his voice making me cringe,

"Nurse! Nurse!" I yelled hurting my throat my finger shook as I tried for the call button.

"How could you not remember me!?" he cried getting closer to me, then I jumped as I saw the blond get up and hold him back.

"Liam stop, you're scaring her." He harshly whispered. He went to push him out, he came back in a while later without the irate man.

"Hi." He said pushing his hands in his front pockets.

"Who are you?" I saw the hurt in his eyes but I don't know what I said.

"Ashley it's me, Niall." He came closer.

"I'm sorry I don't know you, you must have the wrong room. Are you going to charge at me too?"

"No, but are you sure you don't remember me?" I look at him for a moment then I see it.

"You're Niall Horan," his face lights up,

"Yes yes!"

"From that boy band One Direction, my friend Kam is a huge fan, but why are you here?" I rub my eyes,

"No,"

"So you're not Niall Horan?"

"Yes I am-,"

"but you just said n-,"

"No I'm Niall Horan your boyfriend!" I was confused, but somehow it felt like it was the truth.

"You can't be, I mean the last thing I know is going to the iTunes festiv-,"

"Yes! That's where we met, look." He pulled out his phone and showed me pictures, as I swiped through them he tells me the background to them.

"Do you believe me now?" his voice cracked and I see the water build up in his eyes.

"I'm sorry I-I don't." he closes his eyes and sighed,

"Can we a-at least see this as like a start over?" I don't know what to say but just nod my head. I watch as he leaves but just before I heard him whisper.

'You're still my half a heart'

Niall's POV

I couldn't take another second holding back in there, as soon as I stepped out I Liam just knew. I slumped against the wall and let it out.

"No!" I yell and hit the ground.

"Niall, I know it seems like everything has gone the shit but just know she's alive she's talking and she gave you a second chance."

"It just hurt, that moment she never said I love back."