17

Byron

I sat down at my desk.

Today was my first day back, since getting stabbed.

"You heard what happened to Jaiden last night?" Somebody approached me.

"Nah, I don't care for that nigga"

"His house got robbed, and they took all his shit"

"Good"

"His whole family got jumped too. Heard they was looking pretty fucked up"

"That's what his ass get for stabbing me" I leaned back in my seat and waited for the announcements.

Dad: Whether you know it or not, I got your back. Just dont go around telling people what I had done -8:54am

I had to figure out what he was saying

Me: I ain't know you was on yo gangsta shit, Bryson -8:56am

Dad: Language, please. Thank you -9:01am

Dad: And also, put your phone away and learn something. You have some catching up to do -9:02am

I plugged my headphones in.

The teacher sat down, looking all mad, and I didn't feel like dealing with mad ass people today.

"I'm out" I annouced before getting up with my backpack.

"Byron Tiller, don't you dare-"

"I've fought teachers before. Leave me alone"

I closed the door behind me, and decided that I would just go to Sonic.

Bryson

Leona stepped into the club.

Swan put his drink down, before clearing his throat.

"I ain't stressin' bout that bitch, hold up. 21 gon' get the stick, hold up"

"Uh, hi" She looked back and fourth between us.

"Take your glasses off, fam"

I took my glasses off, and tossed them in his direction.

"You got balls coming down here after I smacked the shit out of you" I said.

"It's not anything I'm not used to. That's how we met"

"I know. I should've left you and your dislocated shoulder alone. You ain't nothing near Tameryn"

"I'm pregnant"

"Get the fuck out"

"I'm seriously pregnant. I didn't mean for any of this to happen"

I wanted to tell her to get an abortion, but it wasn't my child. It wasn't my decision.

"If the baby happens to be Byron's then I'm getting full custody. You don't have a job, and you still let your family hit on you"

"You can't - I need a new place to live"

"I'm not putting you back into my family's life"

"But Bryson, I need-. . ."

"You don't get a come up, Leona. I'm just looking out for me and mine"

"I'm going to go to the authorities"

"Yeah, and you could have a statutory rape charge under your belt. I've been through this situation before Leona. Don't get reckless"

"I'll see you around" She mumbled before leaving.

I got my glasses from Kejuan.

"Thanks"

"This ain't Empire. You ain't Lucious raising Hakeem baby"

"I'm not raising his baby by myself, but I'll help him. I'm getting custody until Byron turns eighteen"

"Oh, shit. Le-hoena the sneaky bitch Anika. It's ready to get crazy up in here"

"Stop comparing my life to Empire"

"You got you a lil cookie on your waist too"

"Iniko is nothing like Cookie" I laughed, and poured some bleach on a rag.

I got on a stool, and wiped down the pole.

"I'm pretty sure that Iniko would drag her with your say so. Ask her"

-