24

Iniko

"I just thought he wanted some alone time, but I haven't heard from him in three days. I don't - he doesn't do that"

His mother cleared her throat. "There must be a logical explanation. Bryson-. . ."

Her words faded because even she knew that wasn't like him.

"The fuck did you do?" Byron stood up.

"Byron sit down!" She hollered.

Kejuan pushed Byron down in his seat, and made him stay there.

That's daddy y'all

"Nah, cause as soon as she came around, he started acting different. She must have done some shit"

I would not curse at his child.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Byron. I haven't done anything to Bryson"

His mother looked from me to Kejuan. "And you two didn't . . .?"

"Excuse me?"

"I've just noticed the two of you getting exceptionally close. Did Bryson ever say anything about it?"

"I wouldn't do anything with anyone besides Bryson. Period"

I could feel myself getting overly defensive.

"Your behavior towards eachother is suggestive. Bryson is sensitive"

We had a few conversations here and there, and Kejuan was a funny guy, but he wasn't Bryson.

And if Kejuan ever tried to be Bryson, then he could catch these hands too.

No doubt.

"She came back" Kejuan said.

"Y'all talking like I'm stupid or something. That lady ain't my mama, Tameryn is"

NajiCastro I'm throwing dirt on your name 😩. My bad

"You ain't know her as well as you thought you did. She won't shit either. Bryson just needs a good wholesome girl"

"Nigga, where yo girl? Matter of fact, where yo family? Cause you always wanna hang around and be somebody third wheel. Dis-a-fucking-pear and be gone"

Next thing I know, Kejuan is choking the absolute shit out of Byron.

Daddyyyyyy😋😋😋

"You so fuckin' agitating. Don't nobody even fuckin' want yo ass, little boy. You think you so damn grown, and you can do whatever the hell you want. You just a damn bother. An ungrateful ass bother"

"Kejuan!" Bryson's mother hollered, and tried to pull him back.

"He ruin everybody fuckin' life. He treat his daddy like shit, and got you running after him like that shit is cool. Nobody gotta put up with that shit, man"

"Don't tell him that. He is a child-"

"He got a whole baby on the way. He must be grown"

Byron looked scared, and drank water straight from the sink, choking.

"He so mad at Bryson, he talkin' bout killing him and shit, but for what? Cause Tameryn died? Nobody told her to go out and kill herself. She ain't never cared for his young ass in the first place, but he worship her fuckin' soul. Marie would've been a better mother to him, and she a fuckin' rapist"

Kejuan left the house, and I looked at Bryson's mother.

"I should go - and look for Bryson"

"Let me know whenever"

She looked sad, and rubbed her temples before turning away from me.

I let myself out.

-

Let me ask y'all something

Let me ask y'all something. . . Do yall remember her? The girl that cheated on Bryson with Byron and is currently pregnant with his baby 😊