20

Y'all hate this book too? Oh, okay
-

Bryson

"Schay, come down from the pole into a split, pull up, and drop down again twice"

"The floor is hard, and you want me to smack my practically bare ass down against it?"

Swan sucked his teeth. "Where is Teyana Taylor when you need her?"

"Well she wouldn't be working for you, that's for sure" Ronae glanced him up and down.

"I got a new stripper cause all y'all got attitude problems"

"I wasn't aware" I tore a napkin, and looked at him.

"You got the business side, and I got the strippers, cousin. I thought we had this down"

"Yeah, but you and I both know that strippers are business"

"Slipped my mind" He smiled.

"You're funny. You're really funny" I pulled my sleeves down.

"Ron - Ron, gone up to the top of the pole. Hurry up and start with your head down"

"Don't call me that" Ronae said, and went to the bottom of the pole, and made her way up, before flipping her body and spinning back down.

"That was wack, do it again"

"Nigga, you do it again cause-"

"Interrupted. You got interrupted"

A girl came in with a purple gym bag. "Uh, I'm Goddess. Kejuan hired me"

Y'all say hey to _YvngGoddess_

I gave her a head nod.

I was usually uncomfortable with new strippers, but it changed eventually.

"You come up with a stripper name?"

"Her name is Slush" Kejuan spoke.

"You got rid of the food names?" I questioned.

"Hell nah, they still my edible arrangements"

"It's short for slushie"

"Oh, okay. Swan'll tell you what to do. He's good at that"

-

I opened the door, and Iniko stepped into my office.

"Hi, Bryson"

"Hi" I gave her sort of an awkward side hug, and was grateful that she didn't say anything about it.

She grabbed my hand, and led me out into the club.

Throw some jolly ranchers in, make it sweeter

Versace my clothes I'm with a white hoe

And she snortin' three lines like Adidas

Got a black girl rolling off molly

Got a white bitch snorting up snow

There wasn't anybody on stage yet, and people were just talking like this was just a regular club.

I went over to the bar where Aniya was talking to Schay.

Iniko sat down. "What are you guys talking about?"

"Talking about how Schay tried to play me yesterday" Aniya cleaned out a glass. "I'm getting a healthy cut of whatever she makes"

Schay laughed, and downed a shot. "I don't think so"

"Now what would you do if I slipped something in your drink?" Aniya questioned.

I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"Kidding, I'm kidding. But it's always an option"

"I would go and get my happy ass up on that pole and make money regardless"

Kejuan walked up. "You going up with Slush, Schay. It's her first time, so give her the spotlight"

"Why doesn't she just go up by herself? That would be better"

"I gotta test her stage presence, you on in three"

She got up and left.

"One day they gone quit, and you're gonna have to train a whole new set of strippers"

"They ain't gone be making the cash that they making here anywhere else. I'm not worried about it, cousin. They all lowkey love me anyways"

-