Chapter 1: A New Home Aboard The Normandy

Hi again, warning this story will have LOTS of chapters but they will be short. So hope you enjoy, bai my lovelies.

===================================================

     Tali stood at her console in Engineering. The orange glow would normally affect her eyes by now...but it didn't. And for once she was thankful she had a facemask. She heard Joker come over the innercom. "Tali, are you there?" She could tell he only set the innercom for this room, it must have been important...and probably something he didn't want even Jane to hear. "I'm here Joker. What happened?" Tali still wondered why he would set the innercom to only that room, and not the whole ship...but she figured it was a repair or upgrade request for the ship.

     "If you call having a Geth aboard the ship something that happened. Then there you go." She immediately froze at his words. 'A G-Geth...aboard t-the...s-ship?!' She thought to herself. She couldn't breathe, she thought she was safe there...but she just found out she wasn't. "W-what did you say, Joker?" She could barely choke out those small words, her voice cracked and she stuttered at the beginning of the sentence...Joker had noticed her discomfort. "Listen Tali, this ain't so bad. You two could be friends. Please don't panic, I'm not supposed to be telling you this." He tried to calm her down, but all it did was make her more nervous...he was dead serious. "Don't panic?! What do you mean don't panic?! It's a Geth! Aboard the ship! How am I supposed to not panic?!" She was shouting at him, and he was trying to think of a way to calm her down before someone noticed she knew about the Geth aboard the ship. "Tali calm down seriously! Jane is coming down to tell you right now! Act like you don't know yet! Please!" Tali noticed his concern, she was gonna have to pretend she didn't know about the Geth aboard their ship currently. "Okay Joker I'll try." Was all she managed to choke out. So many thoughts were running through her head. What would happen? Was he right, could they be friends? Would he kill her? All Geth are technically male, though they don't have an official gender. "Thank you, Tali." She had forgotten all about their conversation until now, she heard the innercom flick off...then complete silence. And she went back to work...trying to forget what he had said to her.

     Lengthless minutes later the door opened, and Tali practically fell over after quickly turning to face the woman in the doorway. She stared as Jane walked in and looked down to Tali at the far end of the room. Tali sighed, and Jane caught wind. "Whats wrong, Tali?" She spoke with that motherly tone, the one when you know she's trying to get an answer out of you. "Nothing, just a bit bugged that you still taller than me. Even when I'm considered tall by Quarian standerds." She giggled after, trying to make a full proof joke...and surprisingly it fooled her. "Well I'm sorry. What do you mean by Quarian standerds?" She questioned her comment, and Tali quickly forgot about the whole Geth situation currently going on and focused on giving Jane an answer. "Oh, have I never explained to you that Quarians are basically genetically modified Humans?" She questioned Jane, while trying to think of an answer...though she normally could come up with two million answers in less than a second...she was under pressure now...so it was harder.

     "I don't think you've ever mentioned that before." She gave Tali an answer to her obvious question. Tali just came up with an answer to her very own statement. "Well it's true, when you think about it we basically just are genetically modified Humans." She took a second to catch her breathe...for she was about to go into a complete trance from knowledge. "The average Quarian male is about 5'8, and the average female is about 5'6. We are actually a pretty short population of aliens. I'm above Quarian standerds though, and I'm still short." She took a second to catch her breath, and to give Jane time to ask a question if needed. "How tall are you, Tali?" She noticed her time to question, and took it. "Me? Well, it may be a little embarrassing but...I'm somewhere around 5'8." She nervously stated her answer. A little embarrassed by it...but this was Jane...she was different...so Tali pushed it aside. "Well yeah, based on your Quarian standerds you would be considered tall for a female." Tali could tell she was trying to make her feel better...and it started to work. Then she remembered what she was originally there to talk to her about.

     "Tali?" She knew this was it, the time when she would tell her there is a Geth aboard. "Yes, Jane?" She was a little scared...but then realized. 'Why am I scared when I know what shes gonna say?' Tali thought to herself. She diverted her attention back to Jane, who she could tell was about to answer. "I have to tell you something important." Tali couldn't breathe, but she knew she had to answer. "Okay." Was all she could manage to choke out. "Theres a Geth on board."

===================================================

Cliffhanger...dun...dun...DUN!!! I'm sorry I had too. XD
Comment down below what you think will happen. •.•
Cya in the next chapter my lovelies. ^-^

 ^-^