It feels like Years ago

Teresa's POV

There they are, standing 10 feet away from me. It feels like years since i last saw them. As soon as they see me, they start sprinting towards me as fast as they can.

"Mommy!"

Christopher and Emily run ahead as Jane walks behind little Alexander whose stubby legs don't move as fast as his older siblings.

I pick Chris and Emily up into my arms, tears flowing rapidly flowing from my eyes. I put them back on the ground and squat down so that Alex can run into my arms. I pick him up in my arms also as he cuddles into my chest.

Jane comes up behind me and wraps his arms around my stomach.

"You're finally home baby" he said as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"I'm home" i replied.

Emily started to pull on my trousers so i squat back down so that i am at her level.

"Mommy are you home for good now?' she said and i could see the sadness in her eyes.

I pull her into my arms,

"Yes baby girl, Mommy is home for good".

"Yes Mommy is staying home!" she shouted as Chris and her started to dance around, giggling hysterically.

This made everyone laugh, even people passing by.

I stand back up on my feet and look down at Alex who is now asleep in my arms.

I place a gentle kiss on his lips and them put him in the push chair that Jane brought just in case.

I push the pushchair while Emily holds onto the handle and Jane holds Chris' hand and my luggage as we leave the busy airport and walk towards the car.

I am home, and that's where i am going to stay.