Unreadable

Jane's POV

Teresa is out shopping with Grace for baby clothes and me and Rigsby have been left at the house with Maddy and Ben. After we finish lunch, Maddy has a nap in the travel cot that he brought and Ben falls asleep while watching a film so that leaves me and Rigsby with some time to put up the cot and place it in the room.

I grab the box from the back of the car and bring it into the bedroom. As Rigsby unpacked the pieces of the cot, i ran into the shed i built in the backyard and grabbed all the tools that we will need.

When we started, we were doing quite well but for some reason after i had gone to get us a drink, everything was going wrong. I could figure out what the instructions were saying and the diagrams were inaccurate.

After half an hour of trying to figure it out, we gave up and went into the living room and put on a film.

Just before dinner, Grace’s car pulled up in the drive.

They took me by surprise when they came through the door with 7 bags of stuff each.

“I thought you were only buying baby clothes” i said as i got up off the couch and took the bags off Teresa and placed them on the kitchen worktop.

“Well Patrick you have had experience with having a child so you should know that our baby boy is going to go through a lot of clothes” she said as she sat on the couch and put her feet up.

“So what did the 4 of you do today then other than watch TV?” questioned Grace.

“Umm….Well we went out for lunch and then put Maddy down for a nap. Then we watched Cars 2 with Ben and he fell asleep so we put him in our bed. Then we went to put the cot up but we didn’t understand the instructions so we gave up and watched more TV” I said as walked up behind Teresa and rubbed her shoulders because i could tell they hurt.

“Ohh can i see the instructions, i might understand them” Grace said.

“Yeah sure just follow us” I said as i started to walk towards his bedroom.

“I wanna see too” Teresa said as she practically jumped off the couch and ran to catch up with me.

I opened the door to show them a room that was covered in bits of white wood and the base of a cot that we managed to build.

I carefully grabbed the instructions, making sure that i didn’t stand on any of the pieces.

“See look the instructions are all wrong” i told them as i passed the booklet to Grace.

I could hear her and Teresa start to laugh hysterically and then turned the instructions the other way round. This made them laugh harder.

Why are they laughing?

“What is so funny” i ask them.

“You had the instructions upside down that's why you couldn't read them” Teresa said, still laughing.

“Ohh….” Rigsby and I said in Unison.

“Oops. SUPRISE!”.