Night Duty

Lisbon’s POV

A wailing sound comes from the baby monitor that is sitting on my bedside table. At first the wails are quiet but then they start to get louder.

I didn’t know newborn babies had such strong lungs.

I turn round so that i am facing Patrick. His eyes are still closed and his breathing is still steady which means he is still asleep. Great now i have to sort out the screaming baby….Unless….

I sit up in bed and start to tap on Patrick’s shoulder in an attempt to wake him up but it doesn’t work. I lay back down in defeat but then he pops up in bed and looks at me.

“Can you please go and sort out the baby, he is really loud” he says as he throws his hands in the air.

“No i am not sorting out the baby, you can sort out the baby” i tell him.

“No you can since i did him last” Patrick tells me as he lays back down as if to tell me he is not moving.

“Yeah well 48 hours ago i gave birth to him so i think it wouldn’t be to hard for you to tend to him again” i shout at him.

The room becomes silent.

The baby monitor stops making a sound.

I look at Patrick with a worried face.

“I will just go and check on him” we say in unison as we both get up and walk to his room to find him fast asleep.