Chapter Seven:

Party Poison's POV:

Trekking through the zones is never fun, but having the guys around really makes a big difference. As we walk away from the diner, Ghoul checks over all our equipment before saying, "So... is Kobra into one of those girls?"

Jet Star looks over at him, an almost bewildered look on his face. "Uh... I don't know."

I fix my gaze on Ghoul, a small smirk crossing over my lips. "Why? Is someone... jealous?" I draw the last word out.

Fun Ghoul quickly looks away, no doubt to hide a blush. "No way! We just met them, Party. I hardly know the first thing about them!"

"Really?" Jet says, "What about their favorite colors?"

"Well, okay, but-"

"Missy's favorite band from back before the fires? Whether or not Cherry likes coffee?" Jet interrupts him.

"Alright, alright! I get it, I know them." Ghoul snaps.

"But do you like one of them?" I tease him, and wiggle my eyebrows up and down.

"Just get in the damn car," he mumbles, and sits down in the driver's seat of our colorful car.

"Okay, Mr. Grumpy Pants. But don't think I didn't notice you totally flirting with Missy back there," I throw in before sliding into the passenger seat.

"Yeah? Well, at least I didn't spend the last few days fawning over her." He shoots back at me.

Woah. That came outta nowhere.

"Dang! Somebody really isn't in a good mood today!" Jet comments, climbing into the backseat.

"No kidding!" I mumble, however the start of the old car's engine drowns my voice out.

Miss Chief's POV:

After loads of more small talk with Cherry and Kobra, we hear a loud noise coming from outside, and what sounds like squealing tires. Kobra's head immediately snaps up, his hand reaching towards his red blaster on the table.

"Looks like we've got company," He remarks, and stands up.

Cherry tries to get up and follow suit, but she stumbles almost as soon as she puts pressure on her foot.

I rise to my feet and put my hands on her shoulders. "Cher, maybe you should stay inside..."

"No! I can handle myself, I'll be fine," She says, and tries pushing past me.

"Why don't you just shoot them from in here?" Kobra suggests. "Get 'em through the window."

She nods, and I unroll my jacket sleeve to grab my dagger with my left hand. Kobra leads me through the diner and out a back door, presumably to sneak up on the dracs. Moving slowly and soundlessly, we walk around the perimeter of the building until we see a few men clad in all white and masks, surrounding a similarly colored car.

He puts his back against the wall, and I copy his movements. He blows a strand of his blond hair out of his eyes, and then whispers, "Okay. You go for the ones by the hood, and I'll get the others and cover you. Got it?"

I nod, and pick up my purple/aqua blaster with my open right hand. "On three?" I suggest.

"One.. Two... Three!"

When I hear the third word leave his mouth, I instantly round the corner and aim at the nearest drac. I fire at him, and the teal beam hits him in the chest. He lets out a loud yell to alert the others before he goes down, and they all turn towards Kobra and I.

We both work as a team, shooting at the Dracs as they run towards us. There are a total of six of them, and just two of us. Somehow, though, I know we can take them.

Shots fly all around us, the colorful beams illuminating the area around our heads. Honestly,if they weren't deadly lasers that had the intent of killing me, I probably would've taken the time to sit down and admire them. Instead, I duck and swerve every which way in order to avoid each one.

Kobra takes another down, while I aim at the one closing in on us. The shot misses, and he aims his gun straight at me.

Suddenly, a lime green laser beam connects with the drac's head, most likely killing them on contact. Cherry.

When that one goes down, another takes their place, shooting at us. I duck to avoid yet another  beam that sails directly past where my head was moments ago. After the beam passes, I stand back up and hurl my dagger at the figure.

It sails straight into the drac's chest, and then the body slumps to the sandy ground with a small thud. I run over to the corpse and retrieve my dagger, just to be met with the arms of another grabbing onto my shoulders.

I grip the dagger tightly in my right hand and drive it into the left arm of the Drac holding onto me. After he shouts in pain and lets go of me, I slash my dagger in a wide arc towards him, and cut open his throat.

Kobra shoots down the remaining Drac, and then rushes over to see if I'm alright. Surprisingly, neither of us have any injuries from the fight. Dang, that's a first.

"Wow, you fought really well, Missy," Kobra compliments me as we make our way back to the diner.

I smile at the praise, and probably even blush a little. I'm not used to people telling me I that I fought well, besides Cherry of course. And best friends normally tell you that kind of stuff to boost your self esteem, and make you feel good. It's different, getting compliments from a stranger.  "Thanks. You're not that bad of a shot yourself."

When we push through the back door, we're greeted with a relieved Cherry. "You guys just took them all- all six of them!- out! That was incredible!" She gushes.

"Thanks, Cherry," I say, pulling her into a one-armed hug.

a/n GUYS!! WE HIT 100 VIEWS ON THE STORY!! As a thank-you, Ash and I have decided to do a double upload on the story tonight. You're all incredible, and I hope you all have a lovely day.

~Taylor (Who is really sorry for not uploading sooner and was planning on doing it last night but fell asleep while writing it R I P)