Chapter 11

"Aleesha, I think that car behind is stalking us." Throwing a look back, Riya nudged her restlessly.

They were heading back home from Peshawar after shopping for wedding attires, tiring themselves to the max from walking in and out of fancy boutiques and other exclusive shops.

Aleesha glanced back and rolled her eyes, "No, it's not. There isn't just one unique car in the whole Swat, Riya, grow up!"

"You grow up," She snapped, "They're following us all the way from Peshawar."

Aleesha's eyes widened and jerked her head around to take a better look. The Black Silverado truck cruised down the highway, just meters away from their own Land Cruiser. She saw a young man in black shades, wearing a green beanie driving steadily while another one sat next to him on the passenger seat, puffing on a cigarette.

"Are you sure?" She asked Riya doubtingly.

She nodded, "Absolutely." Then, her mind stirred up, a sudden realisation dawned on her, "This is the same car I thought was following while coming from the airport last week. In fact, these guys were on my flight too!" She hissed, her mouth hung open in shock, she was blown off.

Aleesha's heart skipped a beat, how she wished it was Gul Khan instead of Aurang driving at the moment because Gul Khan was an elder, far more experienced and surely knew the tactic to handle the situation. It was Riya's haste that they had to go along Aurang; a spare driver, while Gul Khan was gone for an errand. She couldn't wait for him to get back and insisted that Aurang drives them instead, otherwise, Aleesha's parents never allowed her to go out with anyone else except a family member or Gul Khan for safety reasons. This time, they let her go as Riya was there too.

"Couldn't you wait for Gul Khan Lala?" Aleesha shot at her, getting all freaked out.

"How could that make a difference?" Riya shot back.

"It certainly would..." She stopped arguing and quickly fished for her phone in her purse. Dialling up her father, she put the phone to her ear when Riya snatched it away, "Are you nuts? He'll get all hyper and never let you or me out, it's kind of not that of a big deal. Relax." She cut the call and tossed the phone on the seat in between, smiling a little.

"Not a big deal?! Riya, shove some sense in your peanut brain, they could kidnap us!" Aleesha started crying out of fear, her heart thudded and her breaths came quicker. She was petrified.

"Kidnap my foot! They wouldn't dare do anything. Aurang, stop the car!" Riya bawled at the driver who had no clue of what was happening, or about to happen. He looked at her through the rear-view mirror, his vacant face made her yell louder, "STOP THE CAR, NOW!"

With a jolt, cutting the car on the right lane, he blared his horn, almost running into another car and halted with a screech at the wide end of the road. Riya jumped out of the car and noticed that the black truck had slowed down in a distance as if waiting. 

Aleesha opened her own door to get out, "Riya where are you going? Don't talk to them, come back!" She was on hysteria and tears flowed down her face. Riya walked around the car, pushed Aleesha inside and closed her door without a word. 

Opening the driver's door, she directed him, "Get down!"

His expression was grave, "Madam, I can't..." He tried denying but Riya was in no mood to listen to any crap, "You hear me Aurang? Get out!" She barked and he obeyed.

She got seated behind the wheel, pulled on the belt and started driving at high speed. Aurang stood back on the pathway, dead confused and started to look for a lift.

"Riya, stop it! You're going to kill us both." Aleesha begged her

"Shutup, Aleesha. I know what I'm doing." She replied curtly and adjusted the rear-view mirror glancing at it. The truck was now up close, at the same speed as hers. She flew the car along the highway until there were no cars to be seen around. Throwing one last glance in the mirror, she shifted to the fifth gear and zoomed at a speed of one-eighty, the last of the meter.

"RIYA! STOOPPPP!" Aleesha screamed, clutching the edge of the seat but Riya did what she had to.

When the stalker lagged behind, she slowed down a bit until the truck's view caught her eye in the reflection, trudging back. Taking a deep breath, she took her speed once more, momentarily, steered the wheel slightly left and when the car took a three-sixty turn in a drift, right away, she stepped on the brake pedal with a jerk. The car skidded and the tires screamed, fretting against the road, heavy smoke arose from behind them. Aleesha let out a terrified gasp.

The stalker pulled his breaks too from smashing into her car; all upfront, squealing to a stop as both were now bumper to bumper, a few inches away. Riya had blocked their way and intended to confront them.

"Riya, no!" Aleesha warned her when she saw Riya moving out of the car. She rolled down the window to stop her, "Come back, Riya! It's dangerous."

Riya showed a thumbs up to her and continued heading towards the truck. She was being fearless and it seemed a strange adventure to face up her creepy stalkers, despite someone stopping her, she had it in style. That's Riya Jahangiri for you!

The windows were tinted so she couldn't quite look through. Peeking in from the windscreen, she knocked on it, "Hello? Open up, you idiots!" She called out and banged the door.

The one driving got out of the car and stood against the open door. He must've been in his mid-thirties with a well-built body but his face was weary and rugged. He folded his heavy muscled arms on his chest and looked down at Riya with sharp eyes. 

She took a step back, gulped and gathered her guts to speak up, "Who do you think you're err... socking uh I mean stalking?"

Trying her best to hide her fear, she looked back towards her car hoping Aleesha would join in. Though she pretended to act aloof to Aleesha earlier, right then, she broke out in cold sweat, afraid of what the huge man could do.

In a strong gravelly voice, the green beanie guy replied, "Please get into your car, Miss."

"But why are you following me everywhere?" Riya asked in a low faint tone.

He hung his arms down and took a step forward, "I'm repeating, please get into the car and drive home, non-stop."

Riya did as he told, she hastily hopped in and reversed the car. In an instant, took a turn and drove away like a maniac. The truck still came after her...

Divulging Remorse ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें