Chapter 30

The first three days, she was in the air, but as soon as the weekend was over, she missed going back to work. Tuesday kicked in and she was already bored of being curled up on the couch. She did have a shopping spree with Mishkat the day before and regretted later when she saw the balance on her credit card. She was saving up for something big but messed it up along with her shopaholic friend. 

She clicked and clicked until the pile of spam email was swept off her inbox. Beauty blogs, fashion magazines, travel guides. She didn't even give a peek's read to all those emails and updates. Just didn't find the time to and wasn't really into it anymore. 

Books were never her forte and she was not a very avid TV addict. All she used to cling to was songs, that too, she had given up. She had recently started sketching to kill time if she had any after work, that was only if she wasn't sleeping; her biggest leisure. 

She put the laptop aside and picked up a charcoal pencil and a sketch pad to unravel some of her hidden talents she didn't know existed. She began scraping lines when suddenly, her phone notified a message. 

She checked to find a text from her boss. Sighing, she read it. He had directed her to send the disagreement letter on some of the email addresses he had inserted and mentioned in bold to add her signature, her job role and name clearly at the end of the letter. 

Her eyebrows knitted in perplexity. Hadn't she already printed and left the letter on his table before the whole attacking fiasco? Rolling her eyes, she sat down to do what he had asked. Though, she wondered why he had been insisting on mentioning the signature a lot of times? She had no clue, why nor any idea about how the sent emails would churn her life upside down, left right and everywhere. Once again.

----------------------------------------------------------

Riya panted, a bead of sweat trickled down the back of her shirt. She placed her hands on her knees and took some breaths and started sprinting again. 

The sunbeam poured through the narrow vent of the pale sky as it outlined the fringes of the lazy drifting clouds. Although pale, the calm blue sky was relaxing against the colourful swings which grew wings as it merrily jumped up and down accompanied by little humans with smiles from ear to ear.

The park was just a few steps away from her building, it was suburban with people and children from her neighbourhood who seemed to know her parents well and stopped to greet. She had seen some of them in gatherings and the others, she had no idea who they were, so all she did was a quick handshake and left in a haste. What was social mingling? She didn't know, at least not at this point and time. 

The air was warm, the beams of morning light glowed on her skin. She loved the park. It was beloved and familiar with so many memories of her childhood. The straight gravelled paths were lined with fleeting trees and rectangular flower beds thick with strident colours of the petal. In the centre, a huge lawn area was fenced so that children could play games without a worry of having to cross the road to chase ball and frisbees or just running after pets.  The elderly sat on the wooden benches, dedicated with brass plates; having deep discussions of the third world problems. 

That is the main issue; those problems are only just discussed.  In drawing rooms, in parks, in talk shows and the most important medium of today, the social media. Nobody really wants to work on the solutions; never on a larger scale. 

She paused walking when a soccer ball hit her foot. An adorable toddler trudged her way to get it, she gently kicked the ball towards him, ruffling up his curly hair and continued up the pathway.