How You Meet ~ Donatello

~Your Point of View~
      I looked as people walked by. I lived in New York, so I sort of got strange looks from others due to being extremely pale, but hey, I'd rather stay inside cooped up under covers all snug in a book if I had to choose between that or going to the pool wearing revealing clothes, being surrounded by people, AND risk getting a terrible sun burn!
     Anyways, I'm heading to a bookstore to get my book signed. It's called Six of Crows.

I was appreciating the cool air, seeing as it was Fall time, as I neared the book store. I noticed the line wasn't too crowded.

'Hell yessss,' I thought to myself.

Just as I was about to head to the front door, a tap came to my shoulder and I turned to see somebody behind me. They were wearing a huge jacket, a fedora, and a scarf. I couldn't really make out any face, but judging by the bulge around their torso I kinda guessed they were pretty plump. 
They cleared their throat and began speaking. Something about their voice was oddly adorable, seeing as it was sort of dorky.

"Sorry if it's too much of a hassle, but, can you maybe.. Get my book signed for me, please?"

'D'aw, they're all shy.'

I nodded and reached out my hand.

"Sure, just hand it over and I'll get to it."

I could tell they were sorta flustered as a gloved hand came out with the same book as mine.

"Thank you, I'll be right out here when you're back."

"Okie-dokie."

Once I went in, the line was longer.
I groaned internally.
After maybe 30 minutes of standing around, I began looking through the person's book. I saw a little scribbling on the inside of the cover and I snickered internally.

'Raph fits this character.'

 "Huh... Raph... That's a weird name."

After looking at all the other notes, I noticed they put their name on there as well.

'Donatello's'

I cocked a brow and noticed it was my turn, because people were glaring daggers at my back.
I squeaked and scurried over to the table in an embarrassed matter before putting both the books in front of the author.

"...aaaannd who are these going to?"

"Oh, um, that one is for me, (Y/N), and the other is for my... f-friend... Don."

"Alrighty."

After scribbling down a signature and a little note on each one with the black ink pen, they stacked the books on each other and held them out to me.

"Have a lovely day, (Y/N)."

"A-Ah, yo-you too!" 

I flushed in a shy matter, as well as embarrassment before trotting out the store and huffing.
As promised, my 'friend,' was still there.

"Hey, here you go,"

"Thanks-"

"Don."

He seemed to freeze.

 "Hey, sorry for asking, but, why do you wear that around?"

"Well, um, I'm... insecure, I guess."

"Oh, please, you can't be that bad!" 

As I jumped up to meet his height, he babbled on about nonsense, before I managed to smack his hat off.
I was met by a green, and slightly scaly face, and the gleam of glasses.

"Woah..."

"You're not going to, scream, or anything?"

"Hell no! This is like some cool story plot or something!" I gawked.

I grasped his hand and shook it excitedly.

"I'm (Y/N)!"

"Oh, well, I'm-"

"Donatello."

"For an acquaintance you sure are awful nosy."

"I couldn't help myself, the line was boring." 

"Well, do me a favor and please don't tell anyone about me."

"Yeah, New York may be weird but it doesn't mean people are used to... giant.."

"-turtles."

"..yeah, turtles."

After an awkward pause of taking in his details, he pushed up his glasses and looked around before taking off his whole disguise ordeal. My eyes skimmed over all of him, his giant shell, the goggles on his head, to the boots on his giant feet.

"Holy shit.."

"Well, I'm off. Remember, do not tell anyone about me, for your well-being and my own, as well as my brothers'."

Before I could think of words, he ran off toward a manhole and plopped down with a subtle,

"Goodbye!"

I took a few seconds to collect myself.

"Wait, he has BROTHERS like him?!"

Once more, I got strange looks.