Getting To Know Him ~ Donatello

"Shit- I must've put the wrong code in-"

"Don?" My voice mewled at the screen as I groped about my nightstand to find my (glasses, contacts, baseball bat, etc.) and nearly falling off my bed in a failed attempt to multitask. Once I had managed to untangle myself from my covers, I drowsily stumbled over to my desk and hissed at the bright screen that contained a green turtle face. 

"Oh! Were you sleeping? Oh gosh, I'm so sorry." He babbled on, feeling bad and looking wide-eyed at my tired expression.

"Nahhh, I was just laying there thinking about tur- uhm,"

"Turrrr?"

"TURntables, oh yeah, those things are cooooolioooo."

"....Alright then."

I grimaced at that stupid response I gave and just kept rolling with it. No way I'm gonna tell my giant turtle guy friend- acquaintance- how I just wasted all my valuable sleeping time watching baby red eared sliders eat a tomato.

"So uh, do you mind me asking why you've hacked into my computer in the birth of the morning? Want to borrow sugar?"

A breath of a chuckle.

"Nah, I just wanted to say thanks for going through the hassle of standing in that line just to get a stranger's book signed. Granted, you looked through it, but you still did it either way. Not gonna lie, that whole disguise was really sketchy looking and anyone would have ran away in fear of getting kidnapped and sold on the black market- I'm gonna stop talking now."

"Well, at least we have one thing in common, we both talk too much."

"Oh please, I don't talk nearly as much as my little brother does; and he'll say the stupidest things you could ever think of."

"Hun, you just got anxious about something that happened five hours ago."

"...I- Uh- I think you mean four hours, forty-two minutes, and thirty-four seconds, thirty-five, thirty-six, thirty-seven...."

"I get it, smart one!"

He seemed quite happy with himself after that. A triumphant smile on his face that read oh yeah, I got you back now.

I rolled my eyes and huffed through my nose, rubbing my eyes (through my glasses, carefully to not ruin my contacts, etc.) and staring in disapproval at him.

"Ha, well, you should go back to bed."

I didn't. I stayed up like two more hours just talking to this dweeb, and I couldn't focus the entire day.