Chapter Four: Sunrise sets

Jack's POV:

Boats with dead people began to pass us. Gibbs began to load a gun. Will grabbed the barrel of it. "They're not a threat to us. Am I right?" Will asked Tia Dalma. "We are nothing but ghosts to them." She said. "They bare us just let them be." Barbossa said. We all stared over the rail. Suddenly Elizabeth's father appeared. "It's my father we've made it back. Father! Father here look here!" She shouted. "Elizabeth we're not back." Maria said who was standing next to me. "Father!" She shouted. Her dead father looked to her. "Elizabeth are you dead?" He questioned. She shook her head. A conversation about the heart was struck up. 

He explained who ever stabs the heart becomes captain of the Flying Dutchman forever. Suddenly Elizabeth ran after his boat. "She must not leave the ship!" Tia Dalma yelled. Everyone ran after her except me. I watched as she fell in tears at her father's death. 

Maria's POV:

The governor was dead and we couldn't do anyting about it. I went into the captain's cabins to find Barbossa and Jack. "Are you gits still arguing on who's captain?" I questioned as I walked in. "No, Hector already knows I'm captain." Jack said. "I think we agreed that I was the captain Sparrow." Barbossa said. "Why can't you two just stop arguing until we reach the real world?" I questioned. I looked to Barbossa and gave him a look to leave. He understood and said, "Well I'll leave you two to your devices." I led him out and shut the door.

When I turned around Jack stood in the middle of the room. "Ello love." He said. "miss me at all?" I smiled. I ran to him and into his embrace. He swung me around in his strong arms. Before I knew it I was crying. He set me down and looked at me. "Jack, I....I was so scared I would never see you again." I cried. He placed my face in his hands. "I didn't know what I'd do without you. I saw you die and..." He stopped me from finishing. He wiped the tears away from my face. "I know. I heard you tried to take your revenge." He said. I let out a little laugh. "Aye" I said. "You might not want to do that again love. Will might have to kill you." He said. 

I leaned forward and kissed him. I was joyous beyond compare in his embrace. I left his lips and laid my head against his chest. He stroked my hair. I took in a deep breath and could smell the scent of rum and seawater on Jack. When we finally parted I felt my sorrow leave me after days of it filling me to the brim. By morning it was blazing. I threw my coat off and lay on deck trying to get the last drops of rum out of my bottle. "Why is all but the rum gone?" I questioned Gibbs who sat next to me.

"Rum's gone too." He said. I noticed Ragetti chasing after his eye. Jack sat by a crate and looked at the navigational charts. "If we do not escape these doldrums before night, I fear we will be sailing trackless seas. Doomed to roam the reach between world's forever." Tia Dalma said. I went to the rail. "With no water forever seems to becoming a might too soon." I said. "Why doesn't he do something?" Will questioned looking to Barbossa.

Suddenly Jack sprung up. "What's that!" He yelled. We came over and looked. He yelped and went to the other side. He ran back to the other side again. "What is it?" I asked. He didn't say anything. Suddenly we began to rock the ship. I quickly understood what Jack was doing. The Pearl's rocks where becoming steeper. A man eventually rolled off. On the last run to the other side we held the rail and began to tip over. "Now up. This is down." Jack said. I rolled my eyes. I held my breath and we dove into the water. I looked around and everyone was hanging from the rail. Suddenly I looked below me. The bottom looked like the surface. We began to rise and then we surfaced. Fish flopped on the deck and the sails dripped with water. I coughed and shook my head getting the water away from my face.

We all stood up and stared. "It's a sunrise." I said. Sudddenly Barbossa pulled his pistol out and pointed it at Jack. Will did the same. Jack pointed his pistol at Will, and then Elizabeth pointed her pistol at Jack. At once Jack stole one of her pistols. In the end I pointed one of me own at Will and one at Barbossa. I stared across at Jack. Suddenly Barbossa began to laugh. We all joined in and let the guns down. "Alright then" Barbossa said putting his back up. We did the same. "The Brethern court is a gathering at Shipwreck cove and Jack you and I'll be going so there be no arguing the point." Barbossa said. "Aye is arguing the point. Cause pirates are gathering and I'm pointing my ship the other way." Jack said. "The pirates are gathering to fight Beckett and your a pirate." Elizabeth said. "Fight or not, your not running Jack." Will said. "If we don't stand together they'll hunt us down one by one until there will be non left, but you." Barbossa said. "I quite like the sound of that. Captain Jack Sparrow the last pirate." Jack said.

"Aye, but you'll be fighting Jones alone and how does the figure into your plan?" Barbossa asked. "Still working on that. But I will not be going back to the locker mate can count on that." Jack said. He fired his pistol. Nothing. Everyone did the same and nothing happened. With that we retreated from everyone and began a plan.