Chapter Thirteen: Rejoice

Jack's POV:

"Mr. Gibbs," I said.

"Captain?" He asked.

"You may throw my hat if you like," I said holding my hat out for him.

"Aye, aye, sir. Hooray!" He said throwing my hat.

"Now go and get it," I said. Damn it was good to be the Captain.

He quickly went on deck searching for my hat. I turned to Maria. She ran over to me and into my embrace. I picked her up and swung her around. I set her down and leaned forward and kissed her. I pulled away. "You did it!" She smiled.

"No, love. We did it," I said, "Without you I probably would have been made a terrible descision."

"Well Will helped some too," She laughed and kissed me once more.

We heard a cough behind us. We pulled away and saw Gibbs holding me hat. Maria walked forward and took the hat from him. We watched him walk away. She then placed the hat on my head. "You look better with a hat, Captain," She said. I smiled devilishly at her. We looked over the crew. "You know I just realized we were the only pirate ship to fight," She said. I laughed, "Aye, the rest are quite hesitant when it comes to battle."

Maria's POV:

We stood in a line waiting for our turn to say our goodbye's to Elizabeth, the new Mrs. Turner. She stopped at Barbossa. "Mrs. Turner," He said. She smiled. Pintel and Ragetti said goodbye. She stopped to me. "It doesn't cost me anything to say I'll miss you some, Elizabeth," I said. She laughed some.

"I'll miss you some as well," She said.

"Take care of him, Maria."

"I'll try," I replied.

Jack laughed some. She went to Jack. "Jack," She said, "It would have never worked out between us." I laughed some remembering thats what he had said last time we said goodbye. "Keep telling yourself that darling," He said. I elbowed him in the side. She went forward to kiss him, but he put his hands up in protest. "Once is quite enough," He said.

He probably thought she would kill him if she kissed him again. "Thank you," She said, "Both of you." She looked at us both. She loaded into the longboat, and we watch her row away. We would probably never see her again. "Are you going to miss her?" I asked. "Not anymore than I would miss Will," He said. I knew he was glad to be rid of her. Jack went to the helm and left me to the crew. Gibbs came by me. "You know you've captured his heart now," Gibbs said. "I doubt I have. He's still got the taste of freedom in 'im," I said.

"Lass, I've only seen Jack act this way....well never. You've got a hold on him and he likes it," Gibbs said. Gibbs left leaving me to my duties on deck.