Chapter Eleven: Maelstrom

Maria's POV:

As we sailed towards the Dutchman lightening struck the middle of the maelstrom and the rain came harder. The whole crew including me self was soaked from the hair on our heads to the tips of our boots. "Have you noticed on top of everything it's raining!" Pintel yelled at Ragetti. "That's a bad sign," Ragetti said back. I saw Barbossa take the wheel. I heard Gibbs give the order to step to our guns. The Dutchman fired at us asI ran below deck. I opened a hatch, and I loaded the gunpowder and cannon ball. "Hold it. Wait til we're board and board," Gibbs ordered. I heard them all scream fire. I lit the short fuse. The cannon ball exploded out.

We kept firing and shooting. I felt water pour through the holes in the boards above and the wind whipping it in through the hatch. I could smell smoke, gunpowder, and sea water. To me it smelt of a war.

Jack's POV:

I sat in the cell having a lovely conversation with the other me's. All three of them suggested to stab the heart, but then would get stuck on the part of where I was in the brig. "Think like the whelp. Think like the whelp," One chanted. "Half barrel hinges," One said. "Leverage," I said getting an idea. I took the bench in the cell and shoved it under the door. I pushed down and the door popped up and fell over. For once I was going to thank the whelp. "Wish us luck boys, we'll need it," I said. I left and went to the captain's cabins. I saw the two small minded guards from Port whats it's face. "Hold there or we'll shoot!" They said pointing some very small cannons at me while a cannon ball broke through the room behind them. "Good one," I said, "I've just come to get me affects. Admirable as it may be, why are you here when you could be else where?" I asked. They began to argue. I saw they were too busy amongst themselves so I took the chest and left.

I walked out and unfortunately ran into Jones. "Ha ha ha ha... Looky here boys. A lost bird, a lost bird that never learned to fly!" He said drawing his sword. "To my great regret," I said walked to a rope, "But, never to late to learn then, eh?" I hit the chest against the release and zipped up to the yard arms. Suddenly Jones appeared. "The chest....hand it over!" He yelled. "I can set you free mate," I said drawing me sword. "My freedom was forfeit long ago!" He said.

Maria's POV:

I ran up on deck to see cursed crewman and soldiers land on deck. I drew my sword and began to fight. I saw Gibbs losing his advantage and quickly ran over and finished the soldier off. "Thanks lass," He said. I nodded and continued on. I eventually looked to the Dutchman and saw something on the yard arms. I saw Jack hanging from the chest that Jones was holding. I smirked, "You crazy bastard." Suddenly I noticed Barbossa conducting some kind of marriage ceremony for Will and Elizabeth. I rolled my eyes and just fought on. I don't know how they did it, but they convinced the old git to do a wedding. When he stopped for a moment to let them say some words I ran up and said, "You make quite a beautiful ceremony, mate." "If I don't do it now they won't stop pestering me about it," he said. I jumped back down and grabbed a rope. I looked to Gibbs. "GO!" He said. I held tight and swung over.

I landed on the Dutchman's deck and saw Jack laying on the ground. Jones stared at me. "You'll have no mercy from me!" He said. "Good!" I yelled drawing my sword. Suddenly Elizabeth joined the group. I tripped up and fell back into a barrel. Jones quickly forgot about me and focused on Elizabeth. I looked for Jack, but he was no where in sight. I suddenly saw Will stab Jones. "Mister, did you forget? I'm a heartless wretch." Jones said bending Will's sword. He swung over and kicked Will with his crab peg leg. He looked at Elizabeth and then Will. "Ah love! A dreadful bond, and yet so easily severed," He said pointing his sword at Will, "Tell me William Turner, do you fear death?"

"Do you?" Jack asked. I looked to Jack who held the heart in his hand. His broken sword pointed to the heart, ready to stab. "Ain't it tonic holding life and death in the palm of one's hand," He said.

"Your a cruel man, Jack Sparrow!" Jones said.

"Cruel is a matter of perspective," Jack said.

"Is it?" Jones questioned.

Suddenly he turned and stabbed Will in the heart. I felt fear grip my stomach. I may not have liked Will, but he was a dear friend to me. Jones laughed. Suddenly William's father attacked Jones. I ran over to Jack. "Jack, you can't do this," I cried. Jack looked like he wanted to, but couldn't decide. I finally saw he made up his mind. "Get Elizabeth to the Pearl," He said. He walked over to Will. I grabbed Elizabeth's shoulders and pulled her away from her husband.