Chapter Twelve: Final Battle

Maria's POV:

She screamed wanting to be near him. I turned her around to face me. "Elizabeth, get back to the Pearl. Jack and I will take care of him," I said. "No I can't..," She beagn. "Trust us!" I said. She finally agreed and swung back to the Pearl. I went over to Jack who had wrapped Will's hand around the broken sword. With ease Jack let Will's hand glide down and stab the heart. Jones froze and turned to us. He saw Will had stabbed him. "Calypso," He called and stumbled and fell over the rail. Suddenly Will's breath left him. I didn't want to believe it but we failed. Will had died. Suddenly the cursed crew began to walk towards us.

Jack grabbed my arm, and we ran. He grabbed a rope and a pistol. "Hold on!" He said. I wrapped my arms around his waist. He shot the rope and we sailed up into the air. I watched as the Dutchman sunk under the waves of the maelstrom that was slowly closing. I leaned my head against Jack's chest. We had failed. It hurt that I would never see Will again. He had become my friend on this adventure. We landed in the water and began to swim back to the Pearl. We boarded, and when Elizabeth saw Will was not with us her face became grave with sorrow. "Thank goodness, Jack! The armada still out there, the Endeavour's coming up hard upon our starboard, and I think it's time to embraced that oldest and noblest of pirate traditions," Gibbs said. "Never actually been one for traditions," Jack said, "Close haul outs! Lock the sails and lay the irons out!"

"Belay that or we'll be a sitting duck!" Barbossa said.

"Belay that, belay that." Jack said.

They all eventually went to the helm. I followed after. "What are we waiting for?" I asked Jack.

Jack's POV:

Suddenly the Dutchman resurfaced. I saw Maria's face become full of hope. She ran to the rail on deck and looked over. "Pull canvas!" I shouted. "Aye pull canvas!" Barbossa shouted. The crew shouted with joy as they went to their stations. We began to sail on the port side of the Endeavour's. Will took the starboard side. The crew began to load the guns. As we came into range Gibbs asked, "Captain?" "Fire," I said.

"FIRE!" Gibbs shouted.

"FIRE!" Barbossa shouted.

"FIRE!" Maria shouted.

The cannon fire boomed and crashed into the Endeavor's side. We began to destroy her. They didn't even fire upon us. I guess Beckett had lost hope and saw he was losing this fight. For without the Dutchman he couldn't control the sea's. Suddenly the Endeavour exploded and sunk as she reached our stern. The armada ahead of us turned away in retreat. I saw Maria on the other side of the helm watching them leave. "They're turning away!" Marty shouted. Shouts of rejoice sounded and hats were thrown in the air.