Chapter 6.2: Touch

Ari could hardly breathe. His back hitting against the wall suddenly knocked the air out of him, and Auovin stole what little he had left with his lips on his. They were hot, soft against his own, which Ari loved. Feeling Auovin's tongue on his lips, Ari hesitated on what to do until a hand touched his cheek, sliding down to his chin. It pulled down on it until his lips opened, and something warm and wet slipped inside.

Auovin's body pressed harder against his, causing his back to rub further into the doorknob. Ari could hardly focus on the pleasure that was him without feeling the pain shooting through him. His fingernails dug into his skin, prompting Ari to turn his head and attempt to push him away. It hurt. He didn't want that.

Ari breathed in shallow breaths, unable to look at him. He wanted Auovin to kiss him, craved that connection, but he did not anticipate the overwhelming feeling that would follow. Pressing his hand onto his side, he felt the warmth of his own blood.

"... I—"

"I am too much too soon for you," Auovin said, wiping away the blood from his bottom lip and covering it with his hand.

"I don't think so," Ari breathed. He just was not expecting that. It took him by surprise, was all.

"Ari, there is so much more to this than just a kiss..." Auovin's eyes were molten as he stared down at him with an intense want. "Much more than you can imagine."

"Then tell me."

"Tell you?"

"You said you would give me the answers to all of my questions if I..." There was a smile tugging at Auovin's lips. He bent down and kissed Ari's lips as words failed to come to him again.

"Cyrus will do a much better job at it than I," Auovin said.

"Cyrus?" Ari's brows knitted together. Was Auovin trying to turn his attention to someone else? Did he no longer want him? Was it as Rein said it would be?

"Go inside your room and sleep. I will not be able to check in on you, but I will never be too far. Sleep in peace."

Ari went inside his room and turned around to say something just as Auovin slammed the door shut. His eyes lowered to the ground as his heart twisted and pulled in his chest. What did it all mean?

He looked around and noticed that this room was very well-kept compared to what he had seen so far. Fresh pillows adorned a neatly made bed on one side, and paintings of old men adorned the other. The rug was being dirtied by his shoes, but he paid little thought to it. His eyes narrowed back to the door at the thought of Auovin. Sucking on the inside of his cheeks, he decided to leave. He would find the answers himself and figure out why Auovin seemed to no longer want him after making it very obvious once before.

It was like a game to Auovin, his smiles and glances tugging Ari's heart this way and that. Ari felt very confused, and Auovin only added to his confusion. He wished so badly he could dislike Auovin and say he no longer had any interest in him, but his feelings were only growing. Being denied something he very much wanted only made him want it more. He did not want to be the way he was, but he could not help it.

The stairs echoed with each footstep, the creaky boards betraying Ari's attempt at silence. He turned his head left, then right, checking for any sign of Auovin emerging from the darkness or the man with the blue eyes ready to throw him back into his room. However, no one appeared. On the third floor, the sound of water being splashed around reached Ari's ears. He proceeded down the hall, mindful of the small holes in the floor and the tears in the rugs that occasionally snagged his laces. Pressing an ear to the door, he recognized the person by the sigh—it was Cyrus.