Chapter 15.1: Ensnared

Harun sat in the hot spring with his head leaning against his arm in thought. There was no way he could tell Auovin a thing, but he wanted him to stay. Truth be told, he wanted to learn more about Auovin than just his body. He was quick-witted and selfless enough to come to him to ask for his help. Many of the old ones did no such thing. They cared for nothing but themselves. However, he was different. Harun bit down on his finger as his thoughts began to linger back to Auovin and the way the water traced along his skin. How smooth and soft it must be, Harun thought until he tasted his own blood in his mouth.

"Harun."

Kaval's voice filled the emptiness, causing Harun to sink his head into the water.

"For how many more days are you going to seclude yourself in here?"

"Seclude? You are more than free to join me." Harun reached for Kaval's hand and tugged him towards himself. 

"You always come here when you are in deep thought over something. Has someone asked for you to remove a memory of theirs again?"

"No, nothing like that." Harun brought Kaval close enough to kiss him. "I never understood the reasoning behind it. The good and the bad memories... do they not make you who you are? Without them, you could be someone else entirely. No matter how painful they may be, I would never want to lose them. They are precious."

"Are they? Even the ones of him?"

"Yes, I suppose those as well. But the ones of you are one of many important ones I would never like to forget." Harun caressed his cheek and smiled.  

"Even as you say that, I can see the hurt in your eyes. You would like to forget him." 

"I would," Harun muttered. "But I will not because he meant much to me at some point. Why must you keep bringing him up?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"I know you think of him when you come here. You take off that mask you wear only inside here where no one else can see. It is infuriating to see you acting like someone that you are not. You do not even like women. How much longer do you expect to keep up this ruse? It is cracking and your true face is beginning to show--"

"He said he would be back, so I will wait."

"It has been over nine hundred years. It would be fine if it was just waiting, but I cannot even say your name. Do you even still remember it? Do you remember the color of your own eyes anymore? Perhaps, they will stay this gray forever and not the pretty blue I remember them being. These eyes belong to a Great and you are not one." 

Harun bit his finger causing it to bleed more. Of course, he knew that. He knew all of that and yet he still was waiting. He did not need to be reminded. The hot water no longer gave him the peace of mind he desired, so Harun climbed out expecting Kaval to move when he did. He did not. Instead, Kaval bent down near Harun and smiled. He removed Harun's bleeding finger from his mouth and replaced it with his lips. They were always so soft and inviting, making Harun want to taste more of him. Harun moved away and covered his lips quickly with his hand at the thought. He did not want to take any more blood for him for the time being. 

"Biting your finger when you grow frustrated... it is a bad habit."

"I know. I cannot help it." 

 "Why not bite me instead?"

Harun's cheeks flushed. "You very well know why, Kaval. I will want more than just your body. I will want your blood and I will take too much... as I always tend to do," Harun said almost as a whisper.