Chapter 15.4: Promise

Ari tilted his head back to look at Auovin with furrowed brows. "Finish what we began? Do you not mean continue?"

"Do not pick at my words. They mean the same."

"They do not," Ari whispered as his eyes lowered. He was letting his lust get in the way of his thinking. Something was amiss, as it always was, and Auovin was not telling him a thing which was nothing new. What was bothering him was Auovin's words and his actions. Ari did not know what they meant or what he was trying to do. 

"You tried to push me away for a while and now, with just a few words, you finally lessen your resolve... Why?" Ari said. His eyes lingered at Auovin's lips for a moment before looking at anything and everything but him. He did not want to become a slave to his desires, but he was fighting a losing battle.

Auovin lowered his head close enough to kiss him causing Ari's breath to hitch in the back of his throat. Ari licked his lips and trained his eyes on Auovin's hair. Water was still dripping from his ends. As they trailed down his neck, Ari had to fixate himself on something less tempting like the fire crackling nearby.

"Knowing will not change a thing," Auovin said, filling the silence.

"That is not why I want to know."

"You failed to listen to me many times." Auovin caressed his cheek. "Listen to me in this."

"Auovin," Ari mumbled. He loved how warm Auovin's hands were now. How soft they were. Ari fought the need to snuggle into his hand. Ari did not want to argue and ruin a moment he had been pining for the longest time. However, he wanted answers.

"You are difficult and frustrating," Ari began, "You make no sense— the things you do— and I suppose I have learned to accept that or ignore it. I cannot be certain."

"I can say the same for you—"

"Because you misunderstand me," Ari interjected.

"As you misunderstand me," Auovin said drawing closer to his lips. Ari could see his own reflection in his eyes, he was so close. He had such pretty eyes and pretty lips. Ari sighed trying to look elsewhere, but Auovin turned his head back to face him. When he did, Auovin parted Ari's lips and kissed him. Ari sighed into him not expecting a soft kiss to come from him. A pair of yellow narrowed eyes peered into his as he opened them.

Auovin's hair was still wet from the rain. Drops of water trailed down his cheek. Ari wanted to wipe them away just to have an excuse to feel the smoothness of his skin. He pressed a hand to Auovin's cheek, wiping away the water. Auovin was a growing temptation by the second. There was not a single thing about him that Ari could dislike at that moment.

No, no, no, no. Ari shook his head and pushed away from him. He wanted to know what was going on around him. The memories had served no greater purpose but making him even more confused than before. Ari walked away from him and kept his back turned until he could put himself back together again. Every time he tried, he would think about Auovin's smile which warmed his cheeks at the thought.

"I have not been as honest with you as you would have liked for me to be," Auovin whispered near his ear, causing Ari to notice the closeness between them. Ari did not even sense his movement until now.

"I will admit," Auovin continued, "but I had my reasons as you may have had yours. However, I still have them." Auovin leaned in closer and murmured. Ari closed his eyes, loving the sound of his voice near his ear. His accent bled into each word which was like an aphrodisiac to his ears. "I will not lie."

Auovin's lashes tickled his cheek with how close he was. He tried to move his head away but when he did Auovin's breath on his neck sent shivers down his spine. "You want this," Auovin said. Ari bit down on his lip to hold back his voice but it was not enough once Auovin's hand traveled down his torso and into his shirt. They traced all along his lower abdomen before venturing further, leaving no place left unexplored. Auovin's hand threatened to enter his pants but stopped midway. It filled Ari with want. Ari trembled at the slightest touch which caused Auovin to smile against his cheek. Ari knew he was failing at distancing himself from Auovin. He no longer cared. He wanted Auovin to touch him— badly.