Chapter 16.3: Requited

The whole of Ari's body ached. He could not move without something hurting. Ari let a labor breath escape him before he turned on his side and muffled down a groan. Despite the pain, Ari could still feel the softness of Auovin's lips on his neck, his shoulders... every inch of his body. Ari's body burned at the thought. However, that was not what was bothering him the most. It was his memories. His memories of then and now. Ari opened his eyes when he sensed someone coming inside the room. When he opened them and saw who it was he closed them and wrapped the blanket tighter around himself.

"Since back then, I always hated seeing you like this. However, you never tended to complain. You seemed to quite like it," Kaval murmured as he came and sat close to Ari on the bed. "I brought you here because it is warmer and more comfortable. He was gone long before I came."

Ari laid in silence. Words were stuck in his throat as memories of the intimate times spent with Kaval resurfaced. Ari tried to blink away the images but they were persistent avaricious beasts. His body became hot once more which distressed Ari more than before. What could he do with all of those new and old feelings? 

"Ari..." Kaval removed a stray hair dangling in front of his face before brushing his hand down Ari's cheek. "You need to bathe and dress. The other Greats will come demanding answers soon."

"Can you keep them away for now? I have so many thoughts and feelings going through my head," Ari mumbled. "My head is a mess as well as my body."

"I would give you my blood if I could, but I am afraid I cannot."

Ari forced himself to sit up while keeping the blanket wrapped around him.

"Because of Cyrus?"

Kaval nodded.

"Tell me, did the two of you... " The rest of the words stayed stuck in Ari's throat. He did not think Kaval would hold such an interest in Cyrus in that way. He said he despised..." Ari thumbed his lip and continued to say silent.

"I believe this all was done purposely. It was all done by Oliya's design. So you would not chase after him. I fear what he may be doing is something dangerous, and he did not want you involved."

"With him... my memories.... I seemed to have left my most cherished ones with him."

"So you remember?" Kaval moved closer and backed away slightly when Ari continued to stare.

"I remember you liking the things you say you hate the most."

Kaval's face flushed.

"I believe you and Cyrus would have been a delicious sight to behold."

"I told you we did not..."

"Invite me next time," Ari said. He loved to tease him. 

 "And I believe he had ulterior motives for approaching me that day. It was to keep you here. If I cannot give you blood then you would not get it from anyone els--." 

"His skin is softer than it looks as well as his hair. He has such fine soft hair, you know. And his lips..." Ari said trying to gauge Kaval's reaction. It was as expected. Cyrus was such a beautiful thing. There was no point in Kaval trying to hide away his interest with disinterest. It only made more apparent. 

"I told you we did nothing. He bit me. That was all." 

 Ari tapped his cheek over and over again before he looked at Kaval coming back towards him with a new set of clothes. It made his brows furrow. All of his life he wore nothing but black. He was used to it, comfortable. White did not suit his taste. It was too bright and would dirty easy with blood and dirt--