0.4 : Call Me Crazy, But...

Akasha  

The next morning Akasha woke up completely refreshed and felt a warm feeling that refused to leave.

It was there when she got out of bed and it was still there long after she had showered, got dressed and went into the kitchen to cook herself something to eat.

Although she dreaded walking across the local bridge for some strange reason, everything else seemed to make her break out in a smile and grin like she won the lottery.

Opting to leave her bag at home, Akasha walked out the house and headed towards her safe haven; the library.

To others it wouldn't make sense to walk to the local library when there was not only internet access at home but a perfectly good laptop just begging to be used, but then again they didn't live with Akasha so their opinion wasn't really needed.

With her hands deep in her pockets, Akasha admired the sights of her small town as if it was the very first time.

From the town memorial to the small business owned shops; Akasha found herself getting caught up in every little detail.

As much as she wanted to free run to the library, part of her was holding back.

Gazing around the town square at all the happy couples and kids running around at the local park across the street from the corner store; it was then that she realized that it was a nice day.

The sun was shining bright and the sky was as blue as the ocean.

A small smile grazed her lips as she looked around her; taking everything in.

The weather hadn't been this nice in what seemed like forever to her.

"Akasha! Hey wait up!" A feminine voice called out to her, making her spin around on her heels to find the source that wanted her to stop what she was doing.

Akasha gave her a small wave and patiently waited for her to catch up which seemed to take a little while, but she didn't mind as long as the sun was shining.

The culprit was none other than Angel Star Fire Flowers.

Yes Star Fire was her actual middle name.

Angel was the sweetest little thing that could possibly come in a five foot four package, born to two modern day hippies; Angel always looked on the bright side of things.

Akasha thought it might have something to do with the fact that she always smelled like good old Mary Jane but eventually figured out that that wasn't the case.

Angel had a big heart and she couldn't really help who she helped, she also had a habit of trying to send small reads your way but all and all she was a pretty good person.

"Hi Angel."

Akasha blinked twice at the strong and powerful smell of marijuana that smacked her in the face once Angel was right in front of her before putting a smile on her face.

"Akasha... I thought you were going back to class soon." Angel smiled.

"I was but things are still kind of tight at home, but Professor McNeil said it was ok for me to just do my classes online."

"Oh... Well you look good."

Akasha narrowed her eyes at Angel's comment.

Was that some type of jab?

Not even bothering to dismiss her or end the conversation, Akasha just turned around and started walking away.

"Hey wait up!"

Akasha rolled her eyes and continued to walk.

"Can't stay around and chat Angel, I have errands to run." She called over her shoulder as she threw up the peace sign and headed straight to the library.

ß~~~à

When she walked in Akasha frowned noticing that there was somebody already at her computer.

The computer she always sat at and logged onto.

The computer that had the best seat and the only computer that didn't have that pesky librarian lock on it that allowed you to download files so you wouldn't have to pay out of pocket for them.

The computer she heard his voice at.

Tossing her hands up in the air, Akasha softly stomped over towards the back of the library where the good comfy chairs were and silently cursed Angel out in her mind.

She plopped down on the chair and gazed around at the huge bookshelves and the other people that was scattered around either reading, studying, or browsing the web on their laptops or iPads.

Akasha had to have been sitting there and just gazing about for a while when the clock let everyone know that it was going on one 'o clock.

"Shit." She mumbled under her breath suddenly feeling stupid for thinking that she would hear voices or a voice if she came back to the library.

Call her crazy but there was something about that voice that made her feel a lot better then she'd let on.

"What's wrong beautiful?"

There he was...

Akasha scanned her surroundings before she quietly got up and made her way behind a few bookshelves.

"Nothing." She mumbled as she picked up a random book that looked interesting based off the cover, sat down at the top of the aisle and cracked it open.

"Now." She thought as she tried to bite back her smile.