Chapter 8

Jessica's POV

Well this is mighty interesting. I mean seriously? How is it even possible that the most popular boy in our school lives right beside me? And not only that, his bedroom window is adjacent to mine. Why do I have the worst luck? I mean sure, not to sound like a creeper or anything, but it would be nice to have a clear view of him when he has his shirt off. Shit, I really do sound like a creeper.. Whatever, everyone in the school would have to admit his abs are pretty amazing. And if you say no, you are totally lying. I mean come on! He has a fucking six pack! If that doesn't make you drool, I don't know what will. But it's too bad his perfect body is ruined by a terrible personality. Why does he have to be so damn beautiful? Why is it that all the the even slightly attractive guys are jackasses or junkies? Can't you ever find even one hot guy with charm and is chilvarious? They are all so screwed up. Boys just need to grow up and act their age. Come on. We are in high school now. Get with the program.

"Hey Jessica, are you home?" My mom called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah mom!" I yelled back. "I'll be right down!"

"Hurry up!" she hollered.

I huffed. I put my backpack down in my room. My room was neat at the moment, but the only reason was I cleaned it yesterday. Usually, clothes were all over the floor and the bed was never made. Well, it's certainly a good thing Anthony didn't know I lived here. He would've seen my room and that would have been all kinds of embarrassing.

I ran back downstairs, taking the steps two at a time. Our house was fairly big I guess. We had two levels, a basement, and an attic. My room is on the top floor. I don't really care that much. My parents are never home anyway. My mom is a dentist and my dad is a doctor. Their jobs are really time consuming. Their room is on the main level. I'm pretty sure it is so I don't wake up when they have to leave in the middle of the night for some emergency. I feel like I should be more thankful for what I have, and I am. But it's hard to be satisfied when you never get to spend time with them. Like ever. And the time we do have isn't very long because they are always being called back to work.

"Hi sweetheart," my mom said. "How was your day?"

"It was alright," I answered, grabbing an apple and sitting at the island on a stool. "People just need to grow up and act their age."

"That's nice dear," my mom replied. I looked up from my apple to see her on her iPhone, clicking away. This is what I mean. She never seems to want to know what is actually going on in my life. The sad thing is, I'm not sure if I got raped or something like that if her or my dad would know about it for a few days. That's some scary shit.

"Hello? Mom? Are you even listening to me?" I asked slightly annoyed. Maybe I would be more pissed off if it didn't happen every damn time.

"Sorry dear," she waved her hand at me. "But can we finish this conversation later? I have to go back to work. I only came home to grab this folder." She held up a manilla colored envelope.

"Yeah sure," I muttered, knowing 'later' was never gonna come. She smiled at me, and picking up her keys and iPhone, kissed my forehead and left. I got up off the stool. Tonight sounded like a good movie night. I know what your thinking. A movie night? It's a school night! Get your damn priorties straight girl! Well, I was ahead of everybody in my classes already. My parents hired a maid so I had no chores. And I was bored. So movie night it is.

I walked into my dad's den. Though it was more of my den then his, considering he never used it. There was a high tech laptap on the desk that pretty much no one used. It was more for show then anything else. I had my own in my room. There was also a fireplace, comfy chairs, and more movies then you could imagine in his office.

While normal people had pictures of their kids, or at least art of some kind on their walls, my dad had nothing. Zilch. It was actually kind of depressing. And eerie. I grabbed Mean Girls and Pitch Perfect off the shelf. You could never go wrong with either of those movies. If you didn't like them.. No, it's not even possible for someone to not like them.

My galaxy s5 buzzed. I juggled the movies and my apple around until I could pick up the phone. The text was from Bekah.

Bekah, my amazingly sexy best friend:

So I just heard a mighty interesting rumor. Care to explain??

Me:

What are you talking about?

Bekah, my amazingly sexy best friend:

You were seen talking to Anthony Michaels. And not only that but you laughed! Like actually laughed at something he said!

I laughed out loud at my best friend. She was so crazy. And FYI she is the one who put that as her name not me. I grabbed the movies and walked into the kitchen.

Me:

The dickhead is actually kind of funny...

Bekah, my amazingly sexy best friend:

No fucking way! You like him! When did this happen?! I need details woman! No wait, I want them in person; I'll be there in 10.

See it was actually pretty nice. Bekah and I only lived ten minutes away from each other. I had known her since sixth grade, so my parents knew her, but I honestly think they wouldn't care anyway.

"Hey Flo," I called, knowing the chef was just around the corner.

"Yes, dear?" she asked, as her motherly face came around the corner.

"Could you make some popcorn please? And find some chocolate that I haven't already devoured? Bekah's coming over." I pleaded with my killer puppy dog eyes.

"No problem Miss." she smiled at me.

I smiled back and made my way up to my room with the two movies. Bekah was going to freak out once she found out Anthony lived right next door. And not only that, but she would probably faint at the knowledge that he could see us through the windows if both of our blinds were up. That reminds me that I should probably close the blinds later.. You never know. Some perv named Anthony could creep on us.

Speak of the devil. He smirked at me from his house.

"Open your window," he mouthed to me. I could only understand him because I'm awesome. And because he motioned his hand up and pointed to the window.

I sighed. And opened it as he did too.

"What do you want Michaels?" I said in a bored tone. Maybe if I sounded disinterested enough, he would leave me alone.

"Do you want to come over and watch some films," he asked with a cute little smile on his face.

I laughed. I couldn't help it. He was just too cute. He looked at me weird. Shit, that probably was creepy. I'll just cover it up.

"Who says films? We're not in England dumbass," I smiled. That was a pretty nice save. Insulting him while covering up looking stupid. Score. Jessica: 1 Anthony: 0.

"Fine, do you wanna come over and see some 'movies'." he mocked.

"No thanks," I replied, watching his jaw drop. He quickly revcovered though.

"Alright, maybe another time." And the idiot had the audacity to wink at me before closing his window. But he left his blinds up.

"Idiot," I muttered hoping he'd hear me. Then suddenly, I heard the doorbell. Bekah was here. Now I had to prepare myself for a lot of screaming. I'm going to be deaf. With any luck, she'll get so happy about this that she faints. I don't wanna seem mean or anything, I just don't know if my poor ears can take anymore of her freakouts.

I walked downstairs to tell her the disturbing news.

Picture of Blake Jacobson on the side --> played by Andrew Garfield