Chapter 12

Jessica's POV

He is just so arrogant! I mean seriously! What the actual fuck? He thinks he can just come face to face with me and make me smell his amazing cologne and fall in love with him! No way! But I didn't know if I would be able to stay away from him without some help. I mean, I already thought he was pretty sexy and now I apparently think he smells nice, so I might be in his trap already if I wasn't careful. I guess it's time to ask Bekah for some help. But she already thinks he's hot so she might say to just go for it? Maybe Blake could help me. I doubt it though. He was too "involved" with his lady friends. He might do more harm then good.

"Hey, you're Jessica, right?" One of Anthony's manwhore friends came up to me and asked.

"Yeah and you're dickbag number 3. What can I do for you?"

He raised his eyebrows at me. Though I have got to admit, he was pretty attractive too. All of them were dangerous though. Anthony was practically the king of our high school, though his friends were up there too. See, Hunter was the nerdy cute type. He could get information from almost anyone. Derek was the dangerous badass that everyone liked and told things too. He was a big source of information and could get dirt on everybody. Ryan was the jock. He was out for all sports we had at our high school, and there were quite a few. He was very likeable and charming. Cody was the dumb blond type, but many girls found that more attractive. Plus, he could pretty much hang out with anyone he wanted and still be majorly popular. It was sickening how well-liked all of them were. And then there was Anthony. He had all of these abilities, including the stupid blond bit. He was hot and many girls didn't care about getting hurt as long as he showed them attention. 

"Dickbag number 3? You don't even know me." He asked questioningly. I could tell he had never really had anybody stand up to him before. 

"I don't need to. I have heard enough about you and your pack. I don't want any part of it."

"Well, considering you live right next door, that might be a bit of a problem." he smiled at me. He actually could be diplomatic. Who knew?

"He told you? Asshole." I said under my breath but he heard me because he laughed. 

"Yeah he kind of did. Anyway, you looked kind of mad. I just wanted to make sure you were okay?" his emerald green eyes staring into mine. 

"Why do you care?" I asked him. I probably sounded like a bitch, but he had never spoken to me before and I don't understand why he would want to start now. Plus, I figured Anthony would come after me and still try to get me under his spell.

"Well, Tony has taken an interest in you," he moved his hand and rubbed his neck nervously. This was kind of weird. Since when do the dickbags get nervous? It must be an act. "and I know he can be a bit.. pushy sometimes. By the way, my name is Ryan. We've never met before and it would probably be weird if you didn't know." 

"Hold up," I put my hand up stopping him. "One: I don't give a damn if Anthony has an interest in me. He is an idiot if he thinks I'm gonna fall for him. Two: Of course I know who you are. And don't get a big head or anything, I have heard about you. Not really any of it good." I watched him get defensive on me.

"Hey, calm down. I'm just trying to be nice. You don't want to make me your enemy." 

He was right about that. He could destroy my life if he wanted to. This was the exact reason I didn't want to be involved with any of them. They were petty and did things out of spite. 

"Okay fine. That was uncalled for. I'm sorry. But I would just like it if he left me alone. But I don't seem to be getting my way lately. It was nice of you to introduce yourself, but I am going to go find my friends now. Excuse me." I tried to walk away from him, but his arm reached out and stopped me.

"Woah woah woah. You don't have to run away. I won't bite, unless..."

"Don't even say it." I warned him. "I will knee you where the sun doesn't shine." he laughed again. Needless to say, he didn't think I was serious. But belive me Ryan Adams, I will destroy you if you provoke me. 

"Hey guys, what's up?" Hunter came up to us, putting his arm on Ryan's shoulder.

"Nothing, we were just talking." Ryan answered his friend, turning to look at him. 

"Yeah, and speaking of that, I was just leaving. See ya all later." I told him, smirking as I passed freely. Hell yeah. 

But alas, tragedy stuck again. Who should I run into next but my crazy ex boyfriend, Jeremy? Life couldn't get any better. 

"Hey, babe!" he slurred, obviously wasted. 

"What do you want Jeremy?" I looked at him in disgust. Inside, I was shaking in fear. This guy almost raped me last year. Sure it was when he was drunk, but he still almost did it. We were both at a party like this and he was drunk off his ass. He told me he wanted to show me something, and being the naive idiot that I was, I went with him to his bedroom. He then proceeded to try to violate me even though I told him I wasn't ready. 

"You," he said. He grabbed my arm. 

"Get your fucking hand off my arm." I tried to sound tough. I was visibly trembling.

"No, come on baby. We can be alone in the laundry room over there." His wobbly hand came out and pointed at some distance behind me. I know what your thinking. Why didn't you just push him off? He is drunk? But I couldn't. He was way to strong for me. He started to pull me towards the room. I screamed my head off, but the music was too loud. Nobody could hear me. And as if anybody wasn't drunk here. They probably wouldn't even get what was going on even if they could hear me. 

He pushed me into the room and closed the door. Then he locked it. 

picture of jeremy on the side --> played by colton haynes