Thalia XIX

Thalia really hated being a daughter of Zeus. 

"Come on, Dad!" Thalia waved her arms in exasperation. "I like being a hunter! I like to work with Artemis." 

Zeus folded his arms. 

"You work for her, not with her. She treats you as slaves." 

"If you count immorality, having a good living environment and enough food to eat with lots of adventures, I don't think so."

That Artemis has a trick up her sleeve." he said, narrowing his eyes. "She wants to save that scrawny nephew of mine."

"Percy?" 

"Argh! Don't even mention his name! Disgusting. He thinks he's the hero? He thinks he can boss us around? Turning down immortality so many years ago. He's up to something. I'm sure." 

"Dad!" Thalia sighed. "Seriously? Can you be less narcissistic? He saved the world, dad. If it weren't because of him, Gaea would be sitting here. Not you!" 

Zeus' face was red with anger. 

"How dare you speak to your father like that! Go! And don't return!" he boomed. 

"Fine. I never wanted you as my father anyway." Thalia ran to the elevator, and before Zeus could react, she slammed the button and went back to Earth.

"You shouldn't have said that before you left." a voice said. Thalia jumped and pulled out her sword. 

"Who's there?" 

Nico walked out from the shadows of the elevator, holding the hand of a trembling Annabeth.

"She's still in shock?" Thalia looked at her best friend anxiously. Nico nodded. 

"Still shaking. She kept on muttering something about not letting him leave in the first place." 
"Poor Annabeth." Thalia pulled in Annabeth for a hug. 

"T-Thalia…" Annabeth was crying again. "Why…? Why must they do this?" 

"Come on now." The doors of the elevator opened and Thalia walked out, supporting Annabeth. "We'll get in the car and  you get some beauty sleep." 

When they got to the car, Thalia placed Annabeth on the passenger seat as gently as possible. Annabeth muttered something Thalia didn't catch and fell asleep. 

Nico was starting to sit in the passengers seat, but then Thalia stopped him. 

"You drive." 

"Me?" Nico's eyes widened. "But…but… why?" 

"Because I'm not in the mood to do so." Thalia flopped herself onto the passengers seat. 

Nico rolled his eyes and sat in the drivers seat. 

"How do you start this thing?" 

"Seriously, Di Angelo?"

"I've never driven a car before!" 

"You get the keys and place it into the key hole and twist it." 

Nico started the car. 

"Now what?" 

"Ugh! I can never have a moment of rest." Thalia got out of the car and motioned for Nico to get out. 

"Get your unworthy butt out of my driver's chair." Nico sulkily obliged and murmured something about hellhounds and curled up on the passenger's seat. Thalia hit the accelerator and the car started it route back to Camp Half-Blood.