Leo XXIV

“Excuse me?” Chiron asked. 

“We just found a bullet in Travis’s heart.” Malcolm repeated. “It’s a kind of bullet we have never seen before. Never at camp, at least.” 

“And you just tell us now?” Leo raised an eyebrow. Malcolm bit his lip. 

“We just found out.” he said in a small voice. 

Leo looked at Katie’s lifeless body. 

“Something tells me Hazel knows about this.” 

“Hazel’s in a trauma. You should wait.” 

“Oh gods, we’re back.” A panting Annabeth bursted in the entrance. Thalia and Nico closely followed behind.

“Whoa! Who’s this?” Thalia almost tripped over the corpse. 

Annabeth turned around. And screamed. 

“Katie! Katie!" She ran next to Katie's body. "Holy Athena, who did this to her?”  Annabeth knelt down next to Katie’s body. “WHO DID THIS?” 

“Annie…” 

WHO?” Annabeth screamed. “How could he do this to her?” 

“Well, according to the knife on her hand, she killed herself.” Chiron explained.

Annabeth stared at Chiron for a moment. Then she stood up. 

“I’m sorry, I need some privacy.” she started to walk to the Poseidon cabin. She turned around. 

“And Chiron, Katie would never kill herself.” 

She strode into the Poseidon cabin and slammed the door. 

“She is my role model.” Thalia whistled. She imitated Annabeth and strode into the Zeus cabin and slammed the door.

Nico blinked. 

“Bye.” And he shadow travelled away. 

“Why is she so delicate about the Katie girl?” Chiron was deep in thought. 

“Hey, Leo!” Connor ran out from the infirmary. “Hazel is asking for you.” 

~

“Hazel?” Leo stepped into the infirmary. Hazel waved. 

“Hey, Leo.” Hazel smiled. 

“Feeling better?” he asked. Hazel laughed. 

“Never better.” 

“Well, what d’ you wanna tell me?” Leo asked. Hazel shrugged. 

“I just had a feeling you would figure out that Travis was murdered. And also you would know I knew the truth.”

“Am I right?” Leo urged. 

“Actually, you are.” Hazel sighed. “It started when Luke or uh, Kronos Iris-messaged Travis.”

“Then?”

“Luke killed Katie.”

“Wait, why was Katie even there at the first place?” Leo shook his head. 

“I don’t really know, but I think it’s something about a dream Katie had. She dreamt Percy called her.”

“Looks like we shouldn’t trust dreams.”