Percy XXV

This is too much. 

He wanted to give up. 

Why can’t he just kill him? 

Percy curled himself up in the corner of the cold, freezing room. 

He could still feel the burning sensation in his stomach. But it didn’t make him warm. it made him even colder. 

Percy shivered. 

He’s so tired. All he asked for was a whole year without any things to fight, and just some peaceful time alone with his beautiful girlfriend. 

And now the fates brought him here. 

Then he was tortured. 

Forcing Greek fire into his throat? That’s outrageous. Percy had no idea how Kronos (or Luke) could snap his fingers and wham! It’s in his stomach and the burning and electric feeling would overwhelm him. 

And the water. At first he thought Kronos lost his mind. He could control water, DUH

Then he really felt what was drowning. I mean, there was one time he was drowning in mud. Yuck. But this time, he was drowning in water. Pure clean water. 

Percy shook his head. He didn’t want those memories back. He wanted good memories.

The door opened. Kronos/Luke was holding a vile of purple liquid and was smirking. What the Hades is that? It was making Percy feel drowsy, even from this distance.

“It’s god’s poison.” Kronos seem to read his mind. “I just wanted to test it on you. Oh wait, we already tested on a demigod I brought back to life. What was his name? Ethan. Yes right.” 

“Wh-what happened to him?” Percy trembled. 

“I remember… the poison kind of took part of his life away. His face was while and the colour seemed to drain out of him. He told Luke it was like torture and he died in a few months.” Kronos’s mouth curled into a evil smile. “Serves him right.” 

Percy backed up even farther to the wall. 

“Please… stop… I beg you… just kill me and be done with it.” 

Kronos poured the God’s poison onto a thin, slick knife.

“Why should I?” Kronos walked closer to Percy. “While I’m having revenge?” 

There was a loud scream. 

Percy Jackson fell onto the ground. 

~

Percy felt that he was being torn off molecule by molecule. 

His head was going to combust and he could feel his life draining out of him. His spirit tied to him on the top of his head like a balloon. He wanted to just snap it off, to just die. But the string didn’t break. 

It was cold and freezing. And every part of his body ached. 

His torn Camp-Half-Blood T-shirt was swaying in the wind. His trousers were torn into ragged knee-length shorts. 

Please, he begged the fates. Why don’t you let me die? 

"It isn’t your time." a voice whispered. "You have lots to do." 

Percy looked around. A beautiful girl wearing a white long dress and a man wearing a white suit was standing in front of him. 

“Katie? Travis?” 

“Hello Percy.” Katie smiled warmly. Travis waved. 

“Wait… why…?” Percy peered at Travis. “Why are you…?” 

“Someone killed me.” Travis sighed. “I won’t tell you who it is, but that person is from camp. Most probably he was possessed.” 

“I-I’m so sorry.” 

“It’s okay.” Travis smiled. “We’re together now.” 

Katie smiled. Percy just noticed there was a crown of flowers on her head. 

“Percy, remember that a lot of people love you.” Katie said. “You can’t just die on them. You have to live, to go back.”

“I’m just so tired.” Percy sighed. “It’s so painful I want this to end.” 

“I know, Percy.” Katie was getting teary-eyed. “I saw.” 

“Percy, Annabeth misses you really badly. She’s trying everything to get you back and it’s heartbreaking for her to see you in those screens.” Travis said. 

“Yeah.” Percy sniffed. He didn’t want his Wise Girl to feel sad for him. “I sort of messed up in the last time. I couldn’t control it. It was too painful.” 

“It wasn’t your fault.” Katie soothed. She fished out a small plant from her pocket. “Here. This will make you feel better.” 

Percy took the small plant. 

“I’m glad that you two can be together.” he smiled. 

“Yeah.” Katie hugged Travis. “We chose Elysium. We’re living together. Forever.” 

“Go back to Elysium, you lovebirds.” Percy laughed. “Write me a happily ever after story.” 

“Be safe, Percy.” Katie warned. “I’ll try to come back soon. Who knows? I’m a daughter of Demeter and Persephone’s stepsister. She just adores me.” Katie winked. Travis laughed. 

Percy grinned broadly. The couple disappeared. 

The door creaked open. Percy stuffed the plant into his mouth. 

Ew, it tastes like dried raw mushrooms. 

“Percy?” It was Luke. He looked weary. His eyes were blue. 

“Luke?” Percy swallowed the plant. “What’s the matter?” 

“Please…” Luke staggered in. The back of his head was bleeding heavily. “Tell me, whatever happens, you will resist it. Please, promise me.” 

“Resist what?” 

“He’ll take you. He’ll take you as host.” Luke breathed. “I’m dying, Percy. Like I should have died a long time ago. He kidnapped Thanatos and brought a few of his old followers back. Me and Ethan weren’t willing to, but he placed some weird chips into our heads and programmed us to be loyal to him. They just took it out from me.” No wonder his head was bleeding. Percy didn’t want to look at the back of his head anymore. “Kronos just left me. He’s gonna…” 

“Good try, Luke.” Kronos’s voice was in the room. “Now… if you don’t mind…” 

There was a loud ‘bang’ and Luke fell onto the ground. 

“Percy! Resist it! It’ll help-“ 

There was another ‘bang’ and Luke moved no more. 

“There…” Kronos’s voice laughed. “Now… it’s your turn.” 

AN: And... yeah. Sorry. it's short. I don't know how to make this part long and still separate it evenly into three chapters. So... I'm sorry. The next chapter may be even shorter, but the good thing is that the next two chapters will be updated more quickly. :) Thanks for reading! And... random question from me! What's your favourite hobby? Except reading, of course. Bye! ;) PS: If you thought the story would end soon, you're wrong. ;D No offense.