Imagine for Tirzah (Will)

Imagine for @tirzah_fay

The dust flies up around us as I sit down. The pressure of Will not knowing is extremely difficult.

"What's up? You look worried," Will looks at me in concern.

I take a breath. "Its nothing. I'm fine,"

I hug my knees. Its not nothing. Its a big something.

"Ok. But I'm here of you ever need to talk," he puts his arms around me.

I should tell him.

"We should go get lunch," Will suggests.

I nod.

"Are you sure you're ok, Tirzah?" The crate between his eyebrows grows deeper.

"Yes! I'm fine," I plaster a smile across my face.

Pretend its a mask. You can take it off tonight.

I follow him to the Pit where the crowds are thick. No Dauntless ever misses out on food!

I sit next to my best friend, Kylee.
"Hey! You ok?" She asks.

Dammit the mask is breaking.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I grab a sandwich and a muffin, quick to fill the empty feeling in my stomach.

Why am I acting like its such a big deal? Tori's words come back to me.

"You mustn't tell anyone. Do you understand?"

I find myself nodding at the past.

"You just don't look yourself today," Kylee answers.

"No I'm fine," I crumple up the empty muffin wrapper and chuck it in the bin.

"You done?" Will asks.

I nod, silently. "Can I talk to you somewhere?"

"Yeah sure,"

My footsteps echo in unison with Will's as we walk down the dimly lit corridors.

I close the door of the dormitory. Its empty apart from us.

"What's up?"

"I- I'm-,"

Will frowns. "What?"

I look around. There isn't any cameras in here. I'm one of the only initiates who knows there's cameras in this place.

"I'm Divergent,"

Will shakes his head, smiling. "Really?"

"Yeah. Dauntless and Erudite,"

"I've always been fascinated by the Divergent. The less factions you have and aptitude for, the weaker your Divergence is,"

He frowns, looking worried. "Tirzah, do you realise how much danger you are in?"

I sigh. "Yeah. Will, they're going to kill me!"

He shakes his head. "I won't let them,"

I throw my arms around his neck. "So you don't hate me?" My voice is slightly muffled by his sweater.

"Why would I do that? You know I'll always love you, no matter what,"

And when we kiss, its like the massive weight has evaporated into thin air.

A/n from the future: Yeet, this is really bad, I'm sorry Tirzah