25

I wake up with a major headache. "Fuuuckk!" I groan loudly.

I sit up slowly, rubbing my temples. The dizziness slowly goes away.

I look over next to me and don't see Carl. I tilt my head to the side in confusion. "Huh?.. he's not here.." I get up and slowly walk towards the door.

I lean on the wall for support due to my dizziness and headache. I slowly walk down the stairs carefully.

I see Carl on the couch, sharpening his knife once again for the millionth time.

"C-Carl-" I get cut off when I miss the last step and slip.

thud!

Carl quickly shoots around with his knife in the air. He sighs once he notices it's me and puts the knife on the coffee table.

I groan, staring up at the ceiling in pain.

He slowly walks over to me and bends down on one knee. He makes me look at him by putting two fingers under my chin and lifting my head up.

He's so blurry that there's about 4 carls standing in front of me.

"When will you ever stop getting hurt?" He chuckles softly and lifts me up from the ground.

He carries me over to the couch and lays me down so my head rests on his lap. He goes back to sharpening his knife.

My vision clears by a lot and I blink a couple times.

I groan, and shift and squirm around, trying to get comfortable on his lap. His eyes suddenly widen and he drops the knife, making a loud clank noise.

He squeezes his eyes shut and tilts his head towards the ceiling.

"A-Ari don't do that.." he bites his lip, trying to hold back a moan. I stop moving around when I realize my head was on his lap. "S-Shit I forgot!" I gasp and sit up quickly.

He lets out a breath and picks up the knife again. He looks at me and i blush a deep red. He goes back to sharpening his knife.

"You are such an innocent, clueless girl, aren't you?" He chuckles quietly and look down at my lap.

"shut up.." I Mutter. "I wasn't thinking" I say and look at him.

He puts the knife down again and turns towards me. He lifts my chin up again and smirks. "Don't worry, You won't be innocent for long" he winks and gets up, walking upstairs.

My cheeks blush a bright red. "f-fuck you Carl.." I breathe.
__________

I look up at the clouds, laying down in the backyard. I sigh once I hear the back door open again. Suddenly, something grabs me and picks me up.

"GAH!" I scream and a hand slaps over my mouth. "Shh, don't attract the walkers dumbass" Carl whispers in my ear.

"Fuck Carl you scared the shit out of me!" I hit him in the chest and he puts me down.

"I'm going for a run, I'll be back in an hour okay?" He says and adjusts his hat on his head.

"Okay.." I sigh and he walks back inside. "I'll be back in an hour!" He yells before I hear the door slam shut.

I run inside and peek out the window and look at him walk until he disappears from sight.

"You're such an idiot Carl" I smirk and run out the back door.

I'm going to find Evan.
And I've got an hour to do so.
_______

I walk around the streets, no sign of Evan. I even went to the lake he took me to and still no Evan.

I sigh, tucking a price of my hair behind my ear.

I look around until I see a store. I slowly go inside and aim my gun up high.

I notice there are a few dead walkers on the floor, with fresh blood oozing out of their heads.

"Fresh blood?.." I say and gasp. Carl was here. "Uh oh.." my eyes widen.

He's probably already back from his run!

"SHIT!" I groan and run out of the store and down the street.

"I'm such and idiot!" I sigh and keeps running until I see the house in view.

I run around the back and jump over the wooden gate.

I slowly open the back door and walk inside.

My eyes widen once i see Carl's hat on the kitchen counter. "Fuck.." I say under my breath.

Just then, I get slammed into the wall.
"Where the fuck have you been?" I hear a low growl in my ear.

I whimper and slowly follow my gaze up until I see Carl. "I was j-just-"

SLAP!
______

30 votes and comments
=
New chapter