Chapter Nine: Visiting One Another(Part 1)

The next morning Aleu woke up before dawn as she usually did and went wake up her older brother. Koi slept soundly before Aleu started to nudge him."Koi....
Koi,wake up!"she whispered.
Koi groaned and turned to face Aleu."Aleu*yawns*we've talked about this"he said and closed his eyes again. Aleu bends down til she's at his eye level.

  "Koi,if you don't wake up now then I'll have no choice but to give you the puppy eyes"she said.
Koi's eyes widen and his head jolted up."No! Anything but that!" he shouted. Aleu smirked."Then, get up"she said and walked away. Koi groaned."Sly girl"he thought to himself. He got up and followed after his younger sister. They both walked down the rock stairs and made they're way to the waterhole for a drink.

  There,the bumped into their friends Loki and Chuli."Hey, guys!"said Chuli as she walked up to her with her brother behind her. Koi smiled at them. "Morning"said Koi. The three of them smiled,but then Loki noticed that Aleu hadn't said anything. Aleu was staring off towards the border,thinking of last night."Aleu?"said Loki. Aleu snapped out of her thoughts and faced her friend.

  "Huh? What?"she said. She looked at the others."What?"she said."You okay,sis?"asked Koi. Aleu kept staring at them before she answered."Uh,yes. I'm fine" she said. She kept staring at the border,which made Loki look at it,too."Well,we were thinking about going hunting today. You wanna come?"asked Chuli. Aleu shook her head."No,thanks. I think I'll pass"she said. Chuli nodded,got up,and headed towards the border. Koi followed her before he stopped to face his sister.

  Aleu stared at him with a small smile before she got up and walked away. Koi looked at Loki. "You coming?"he asked. Loki stared at him before he shook his head"Nah,I think I'll stay here, too. Besides,I want to see what's wrong with Aleu"he said. Koi nodded and then ran after Chuli. Loki started to make his way towards Aleu. She sat at the edge of the waterhole.

  Loki stared at her."You okay?"he asked. She gave him a small smile."I'm fine"she simply said. Loki countiuned to stare at her before he got an idea."Hey,I was wondering....want to sneak out tonight?"he asked. Aleu stared at him."W-What?"she said. Loki smiled."I know we're not suppose to but,please say you'll go with me"he said. Aleu kept staring at him. She couldn't go with him because she had already promise Takashi she would meet with him tonight. "Uh,sorry Loki. I can't. H-How about some other time"she asked as the stood up. Loki frowned but than gave her a small smile. "Sure. No problem" he said. She smiled at him and walked away."Bye,Loki"she said."Bye"he said,quietly.

  Loki felt like Aleu was hiding something so he decided to find out what. Nighttime soon fell and Aleu slipped out of her cave, quietly. She quickly looked back at her family before she exited. Loki was hiding behind a bush nearby and saw Aleu walk out of the clan. He got out of his hiding spot and followed his friend.

  Aleu passed through the fields until she reached the bridge. She sat there,looking for Takashi. Then,she heard something and turned around but there was nothing there. Then,she looked back and..."Boo!","AHHH!!"Aleu screamed. She fell on her back while Takashi laughed. Aleu stared at him before she growled at him."Takashi!! That wasn't funny!!"she shouted."Sorry, princess but you're just so easy to scare and it's fun"he said with his sly smirk. Aleu pouted."You're mean"she said. Takashi laughed before he stared at her with a gentle smile. She looked so beautiful in the moonlight.

  Aleu stared at him."What are you staring at?"she asked. He smiled. Takashi lean closer until their faces were only inches away from each other."Takashi?" Aleu asked."Look at the water"he said and then leaned away. Aleu stared at him."What?","Look at the water"he repeated when she asked again. Aleu looked at the water and saw something she had forgotten years ago. Her reflection was in half and so was Takashi's.

  "Amazing isn't"he said."Yeah. But...what does it mean"she asked."It's mean you're missing your other half"he said. Aleu stared at him."Here,let me show you"he said as he moved closer to her. He leaned his head towards hers until their foreheads touched. Aleu tensed up and her ears flattened. Loki was hiding in the bushes watching and growled in jealously when he saw how close they were."Look at the water now"Takashi said. Aleu look at the water and their reflections were different.

  Their heads were in half but since their heads were close,it made them look like just one wolf."Wow!"said Aleu. Takashi stared at the water before he stared back at Aleu who was staring at the water. Aleu sensed Takashi staring at him so she turned her eyes toward him. She stared deep in his honey-yellow eyes while Takashi stares in her faded baby-blue eyes. Takashi saw that Aleu's eyes sparkle as he stared into them."Wow"he said,gently."Wow,what?"said Aleu.

  "Your eyes....they're beautiful. Just like they were when I first met you"he said. Aleu's ears flattened. They moved away from each other just a tiny bit. "You-you think I have beautiful eyes?"asked Aleu. Takashi chuckles."Of course! Why do you sound so doubtful?"he said. Aleu frowns."Because it's not true"she said,quietly. Takashi stares at her in disbelief."What do you mean... it's not true? Of course it's true!" he said."No,it's not! You're just saying that because we're friends!"she shouted.

  Aleu turns away and stares off in the distance. Takashi sighs. "I'm not just that because we're friends,Aleu"he said,softly.
Aleu doesn't responded,but it was because she was thinking. "What does he mean by that?"she thought. Loki knew what Takashi meant be that,and it angered him. Without thinking he got out of his hiding spot."ALEU!!!!"he shouted. Aleu and Takashi's ears perked up."Loki?!"Aleu said, frightened."I forgot!! Loki was gonna sneak out tonight!!!"she thought. She turned to Takashi. "You have to hide now!" she said to him.