Chapter 18

"I don't know."
"Well we have to save the kingdom first."
"But.." I can't argue with her. I don't have the heart to.
Kat grabs my hand and we begin to walk out of the hospital into the forest. Spritz and the figure follow close after us.
I'm afraid to ask the figure's name but they seem nice.
The figure looks carefully at her surroundings like something is going to pop out at any moment. It's kinda starting to freak me out just a bit.
"Hey guys." A voice says...wait it's Helena!
Everybody looks over it the general direction of the voice. Helena..is an owl now? A barn owl to be exact.
"Yes it's me don't ask about the owl thing...screw it I trapped myself in an owl form to escape Harley for awhile I can turn back at any time though. If I'm an owl I can't hurt anything So, neither can Harley. We are both power-less in owl form. Can she can't turn be back into normal form without harming me, thus hurting herself."
Helena flys over to Spritz's shoulder and sits on it.
"So how can you turn back into normal form?" Spritz asks
"It takes lots of concentration to do without the knowledge it can seriously hurt a person to the point of death. It takes alot out of me to transform into Harley. So without the energy it would be a waste of time to attempt possessing me."
"Listen Helena, after all I've seen in these few weeks, I'm not even going to question that." Spritz says
"Good."
Kat's P.O.V
I'm a touch scared right now...I'll have to fight a dragon any sane person would be scared. The there is being a queen...I won't be able to do it. Maybe Helena can do it..no she can't give orders....Love- no there is no way...Spritz is too sarcastic. I won't take the crown..I'll find somebody else to rule.
Something tells me to continue north.
"We have to continue of we want to get there." I say
"Okay then let's go." Helena says "I'll keep an eye out overhead."
"Thank Helena." I say guiding the group.
Nothing can comfort me at this point. Fighting a dragon?! How in the hell am I going to do that?! Cut its head of?! I'll be dead before I can even touch it! I can feel Lovelyn grab my wrist trying to comfort me. She always does this when she's worried about me. Stay strong Kat..I can kill this thing.
We slowly approach a forest. It's dark. Ivy growing everywhere. We have to go through it.
As I walk towards a hand grabs my shoulder.
"Kat we can't go in that direction." Spritz says "You know what can can happen."
She's right. I can't go through the forest I could get lost?poisoned?or murdered by Asys. Asys are a creatures who live exclusively in large forests. Asys kill anybody who comes to their territory.
"There is a nearby town we can go to."
Spritz lead us to a large hill. From where we stand a town is clearly visible. It's a pretty modern town. With one large clock in the middle. The clock looks pretty old. Strange the rest of the town is modern. Just a bunch of wood cabins,and houses. One large building seeming to be a library is in the right of the town. It's huge. Bound to have a book on anything.
"Lets go." Spritz says.
I see Helena fly way overhead to the town in seconds. She's a Damn fast owl-vampire....thing.
We walk down the hill to the town. It's hard not to fall down the hill.
The town is a lot bigger than I expected.
I can feel something telling me to go back. I know I can't though.
I pick Lovelyn up and fly her to the city. I may not be as fast as Helena but flying will always take less time than walking.
By the time I get to the city Broken Doll is already there. Spritz is damn fast so she is almost there.
"Hey Broken Doll how are you already here? And what's your name?"
"Magic. I don't remember my name."
"You don't remember your name?"
"I'm a Broken Doll...I have no true name."
"You know what I'll call you B.D short for Broken Doll."
"That sounds nice."
I have to admit B.D's voice is pleasant to listen to.
The town is nice to looks at pretty nostalgic. Reminds me of home. Ahh...the old house in the woods. Loved it there. The smell of beach wood is the only thing I can smell.
People walk around in steampunk outfits. All are brunette..I've never seem so many brunettes in one place. Maybe Lovelyn is the first blonde here in years. Well...blue hair isn't very common anywhere, especially natural blue like what I have.
Dirt paths connect the entire city together. The trees are adorned with brown apples with gears on them.
This must be Clockwork Town. Gearapples only grow here. They taste like metal alone,but if baked they taste very sweet. The people here are strange. The whole place is covered in gears ,an engineers paradise. Their voices are high pitched, and polite. I kinda wanna stay in this little town. Forever.
I look up into the sky there is still lots of day left.
I don't know where to go first. The library would be a definite. Well I'll go.
"I'm going to the library." I say.
I walk down the road, people tend to look at me. I hear
"Wow such ...unusual hair."
"Her hair!"
"Wow..strange!"
Come from every direction.
I hate this attention. I want it gone.
Finally and I mean FINALLY reach the library.
I open the large wooden doors. The smell of old paper overwhelms me. It's kinda nice. Refreshing.
The whole place is filled wall to wall with books. Nobody seems to have been here in years. This'll be nice.