Catching Up

"Damn. The silver was nice, but I gotta admit, black suits you," Chris commented, looking approvingly at Galaxy.

Emilia had just helped to dye Galaxy's hair from the shiny silver colour it was naturally to an inky black. Admittedly, it wouldn't do all that much to disguise the fact that Galaxy clearly was an alien considering his skin was blue, but it made them feel like they were doing something.

"Well, do you like it?" Emilia asked Galaxy, who was looking in the mirror in the bathroom of Chris's house while running his fingers through his newly coloured hair.

"It's... Weird. We don't really change hair colour where I come from, but at the same time... I could get used to this," Galaxy nodded approvingly and turned around to smile at Chris and Emilia.

"It's sort of fun to change something big like this, I can see why earth people do this. I still don't get the spiky metal things though," he admitted, looking at Emilia's earrings.

After the waffle place, they'd gone to the local supermarket to buy some hair dye, a place that had fascinated Galaxy. He'd asked what about half the store was for, and they'd ended up buying rather more than they anticipated, just because Chris liked getting things for Galaxy.

Then they'd gone to the park and eaten lunch, which Galaxy also found to be incredibly delicious, and he'd marvelled at the real trees. But eventually they had to get back to the house.

Chris didn't want to show Galaxy too much in one day and overstimulate him, and besides they had to dye Galaxy's hair before Chris's parents came home. Chris wasn't sure when he was going to explain about Galaxy, but he definitely knew he needed some time to work out what to say.

"Okay. So... What do we do now?" Chris asked, looking expectantly at Emilia.

"What the hell are you looking at me for? I'm not the one with the alien boyfriend!" Emilia exploded.

"Well... I just thought you might have an idea of what we should do. You're better at this kind of stuff." Chris explained.

"Yeah, well that's not exactly difficult. At least I didn't try to bonk blueface over the the minute he regained consciousness." Chris tried to think of a retort but he had to admit she was kind of right.

"Okay," she sighed. "First of all, we do need to teach him the basics of human society and culture, or he'll never be able to meet another human without them immediately knowing something is off." Chris nodded. That was something he'd thought of too.

"I taught him some stuff while he was asleep though. He should have an idea." Chris put forward optimistically.

"Hey Galaxy. Let's play a little game called "basic world knowledge" all you have to do is answer the questions correctly. Does that sound fair?" Emilia asked him. Galaxy nodded.

"Okay. First question. What happened in world war one and two, who won, and who was fighting?" Galaxy looked at her blankly.

"Whoa! That's quite a hard question don't you think?" He protested.

"Not for someone from earth." Emilia commented.

"Okay. Okay. I might know this one. I think Chris mentioned it a few times. World war two... Was that... Hydra! It was Hydra wasn't it!" Galaxy said excitedly. Emilia face palmed and Chris had the decency to look a little embarrassed.

"Okay. Okay. First of all... No. We'll explain that later, but just no. Second question. How much could I buy with one hundred dollars?" Galaxy looked even more perplexed.

"One hundred dollars... Uh... I really don't know. A house maybe?" He tried to guess.

"Third and final question. How do you produce large amounts of energy from nuclear fusion?" Galaxy brightened up when he heard that.

"Ooh, I know this one..." He then went on to explain pretty exactly how to do it.

"Okay," Emilia sighed. "So, he doesn't know the difference between things he's heard about real history and movies, he doesn't understand how money works, but he can talk about incredibly advanced scientific concepts far beyond human comprehension. At the moment, I'd give it about a week before he's locked up in some laboratory." Emilia said matter-of-factly.

"Fuck." Chris cursed, starting to get upset. "What are we going to do Emilia? How do we keep him safe? What if something goes wrong?" Chris asked her desperately.

"Okay. It's okay. We can fix it. Galaxy, you have super alien intelligence right?" Emilia asked him.

"Uh, what does that mean?" he asked.

"Like, if I tell you something, will you remember it tomorrow? How long does it take you to forget things?" She questioned.

"Uh, I don't really... Forget things. When I was unconscious, it was different, I didn't have full brain power. But usually, I don't forget things." Galaxy told them, relaxing a little.

"Okay. That's good. Right, on Monday we have to go to school, but tomorrow we have the whole day. First of all, we're going to the museum. Then the zoo, because I bet he doesn't know what animals really look like. And then we're going to the library to find some educational books, then go through main plot points of significant movies. But today, we're going to teach him the most important thing about living among humans. Social rules."

"But how do we do that? I'm not even sure I can explain them because I just follow them without thinking. And there's so much to learn..." Chris sighed.

"That's okay. We have a secret weapon. A tool that will teach him everything he needs to know about the human race." Emilia reached out and grabbed something from underneath her TV.

And then, with a flourish, she produced the entire box set of all ten seasons of Friends.

And that was how Chris ended up spending his Saturday night with his crazy best friend and alien boyfriend on the sofa in a spaceship watching friends.

Okay. So, it hasn't really been a week. But hey, it hasn't been a year!

I'm going to stop making promises on when I'll update because I'm way busier than I seem to think I am. I get fourteen hours of homework a week, I don't have that much free time.

Anyway, what did you think of this chapter? More should happen in the next one, but we needed this one to establish some things. Hope you like it anyway.

IF YOU SEE ANY SPELLING GRAMMAR MISTAKES PLEASE TELL ME!

(I mean, I do edit this but there are things I miss and I just hate those kinds of errors when I'm reading you know?)