What's a Trekkie?

"Ok, fine, I'll come over and see this 'amazing thing' you want to show me. It's not like I was doing anything anyway." Emilia groaned, slamming the phone down.

Chris had thought it would be best to not tell her about Galaxy until she got there. If he did, then she would probably just laugh at him. They sat together outside the house (luckily nobody came by and saw Galaxy) and waited for her to turn up. Or in other words, they sat and made out for fifteen minutes.

Eventually they heard the sound of her pulling up in her car, and turned around. They walked up to it as she got out, holding hands. She did not look happy.

"Is this why you called me out here? To come out with your Trekkie boyfriend? I already figured you were gay Chris, you could have just told me on the phone." She sighed. "It's five in the morning."

"What's a Trekkie?" Galaxy whispered.

"Doesn't matter. And no, that wasn't why I asked you to come, although now that I think about it, you could have been homophobic or something and this would have gone really badly. Anyway, there is something I need to tell you, and I know it sounds impossible, but just hear me out okay? I really need your help, I can't deal with this on my own." Pleaded Chris.

"Oookay. If that's what you want, then of course I'll listen to you."

"Well. When I was five, I found a spaceship, and then it had an alien inside it, and for some reason I never told anyone for twelve years, but then a bunch of guys beat me up, and I got really depressed, and so I kissed the alien, and then he woke up, and then some other stuff happened, and now he's here right next to me, and I really really need you to help me out because I don't want some crazy scientists to take him away from me, because I love him!" Blurted Chris, all in one breath.

"Wait." Said Emilia, "Some guys beat you up?"

"THAT'S the part you choose to focus on?" Said Chris incredulously.

"Well, that was the only part that made sense! Honestly Chris, you're talking like a crazy person. You seem to actually believe that aliens exist, and some spaceship just happened to crash land in your yard!"

"Alright. I think you both need to calm down, and listen to each other." Interrupted Galaxy. "It may sound insane, but there is proof. Hi, I'm Galaxy, I'm from the planet Fswjeofjdsjdkklvodsndnsl. I think you call it Kepteyn b. I'm not going to eat you, and any probing is for one person in particular. But I'm definitely a real alien. Please believe us." Galaxy asked. After some more arguing, they finally got her to listen.

"Okay then. Prove it. Prove to me that you're an alien. Do something that can only be explained by the idea of you being a being from another planet." Decided Emilia, crossing her arms.

"Um, well... I don't know, I'm pretty much just like you guys except blue. There's not really anything I can show you." Shrugged Galaxy helplessly.

Emilia stood still, looking sceptical.

"Come on, there must be something I don't know about! Glowing eyes, electricity,  some kind of power?" Urged Chris.

"Um, there's really nothing like that, that I know of at least. I've never really seen your world, so I just don't know what is normal, I guess." Said Galaxy awkwardly, moving from one foot to the other.

"Ok, if you have no proof, then I'm leaving." Emilia stated, turning around.

"Stop, Galaxy, if you tell her about your world, things nobody could make up then..."

Chris said desperately, because he so wanted someone else to know, to believe him. And yet here they were with a real alien, but no proof to go with it. If they could just think of something that would prove it...

"Hang on, can't we just show her the spaceship?" Galaxy suddenly realised.

"Of course! I forgot all about that in the heat of the moment, but yeah, that would definitely convince her. Come on Emilia! We have something incredible to show you!"

Emilia ran around the spaceship in wonderment. After going there so long, it was just a part of Chris' life, but to an outsider the spaceship was incredible. After exploring every inch of the ship, she strode over to Chris, and slapped him straight across the face.

"You had this practically in your back yard for YEARS and you never told me about it! How could you? I'm your best friend, and now suddenly I find out, that after finding the greatest scientific discovery of the century, you decided not to tell anyone about it, and instead of taking the alien life form to a hospital, or research centre or anywhere remotely appropriate, you decide to start a relationship with it! Only you, Chris." She stormed.

"Well, first of all, we are not taking Galaxy anywhere. You've seen the movies! They'll torture him. He'll be locked up in some laboratory for the rest of his life, with scientists poking needles into his brain. And second, up until last night, Galaxy was unconscious, so I didn't have to worry about it. But now he's up, everything's changed." Chris sighed.

"Wait, you've only known him for a day? What the hell Chris, you don't know what it's going to do! It's not human, however much you might want it to be. And since you don't know anything about it, it could turn on you, or even if it doesn't, even if it really loves you there's still no way this can work. What happens when you get a cold, or flu, or any other kind of illness? It won't have any resistance to our diseases, and it could die. I'm not trying to be mean. I want you to be happy, and I can see that you are, you haven't let go of each other's hands since I arrived. But realistically, this is never going to work out."

"You think I don't know that? I understand that this could go wrong in so many ways, but at the same time it feels so right. I'm not giving up on this happiness yet, I don't want to lose it, lose Galaxy. Especially when this is all I've dreamed about for so long. I didn't bring you here so that you could criticise. I told you because I know that together we can work out a solution. And if you keep calling the person I love 'it,' then I will never speak to you again."