Chapter 4

(2 months later)

"Wh..what?!" My legs go weak as I fall to the ground. "Emily!" Josh jumps to his feet and rushes towards me. He takes my phone that's on the floor now, "What the hell is going on?!" He raises his voice through the phone. I couldn't hear what the guy on the other end was saying, but I knew what it was. Josh's face changes just like that, my mother is dead.

I curl up into a ball and start to sob, gasping for air. The only person that was there for me is dead. I no longer have parents. My heart completely shatters as I hear josh break down as well. My mom was a second mom to him especially after his parents died. 

"Emily" Josh picks my up and carries me into our room. "Hey" he says softly as he pushes my hair out of my face. I didn't say anything I just sat there and start crying harder. Josh holds my tighter as I sob, I like the company, but I want to be alone.

"You want to be alone?" He asks and I nod, he silently walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. I hug his pillow and cry myself to sleep.

Two days have past and I haven't eaten anything, nor drank anything, I haven't even showered or even spoke to anymore in the past two days.

I hear the door open and Josh walks in, he comes to my side of the bed and picks me up. I wrap my arms around his neck as he carries me into the bathroom, the tub is already filled with hot water. He strips me down and helps me in the tub, before he starts to bathe me. I'm too weak to do anything. I have no soul, he dips me under the water before picking me up and wrapping the towel around me. Josh sits me back down on the edge of the tub and gets my clothes on me.

Josh picks me back up and brings me back to the bed, he places a kiss on my forehead and I crack a small smile. He pulls away and starts to walk away, I quickly grab his hand and he turns around.  "Do you want me to stay?" He asks and I nod. He crawls into bed next to me, I lay my head on his chest before falling back to sleep.

Another week has passed by and I've barely eaten nor drank anything, unless Josh forces me to. I haven't really talked much this past few weeks. Now and then I'd say a word or two, but nothing major. Courtney is pregnant, she came over and told me as she tried to cheer me up. She's actually been over almost everyday to check on me.

I finally got the nerves to get up and go downstairs. I reach the bottom steps and Josh is sleeping on the couch. I walk over to the kitchen and make myself toast and coffee.

I clean up my mess before checking on Josh. He's still asleep, I walk back up to our room and lay down.  I wake up and debated whether or not to go back downstairs. Maybe its time to move on and try to make the best out of the worst. I go down stairs again, when I hit the bottom steps Josh isn't in the living room. I walk into the kitchen and look for Josh.

Josh's eyes dart to mine, he drops his glass cup of water. "Yo...you're up" He looks at me and smiles. I know this is probably shocking because I haven't left the room since my mom died. 

"I was down here earlier" I say, god my throat hurts. Not talking for so long really put some pressure on my throat. "You're talking!" Josh smiles in excitement.

"Yea" I simply say, he bends down and cleans his mess up.

"Thank you" I say as walk over and hug him. "You were there for me, I'll do anything to help you." He hugs me tighter. I never want to let go, I felt so safe and warm. I hear a door open from inside the house. My eyes travel towards the sound of footsteps coming down the hall.