Chapter 8

2 weeks have passed our son is now 6 pounds we can take him home today. Callie on the other hand hasn't gained much weight since she was born and is only weighing 3.8 pounds. She's been touch and go according to the doctors since I had her.

"Josh, you have the car seat in place?" I ask as I walk down the stairs. "Yes," He says as he joins me in the hallway.

I jumped into his arms, "We're bringing our son home!" I smile and wrap my arms as tightly around him as I can. I place a kiss on his lips before smiling again at the thought of bringing our son home.

"Yes, we are!" He kisses me back before placing me back on my feet.

We arrive at the hospital and rush to the NICU to see Callie and Greyson. I sit in the rocking chair with Greyson in my arms, taking in this moment one last time before going home without the extra helps from the amazing doctors and nurses we had.

"Oh, how I love you so much." I quietly say brushing my finger across his little rosy cheek.

"Was that for me or Greyson?" Josh laughs as he crouches down in front of me looking at our son. "Oh, I love you too." I sarcastically say. Josh forms a smile and I can't help myself but smile as well.

"Emily and Josh, good morning." The Doctor walks in greeting us with a big smile. We seem to all be in such a great mood, we're all smiling. What can go wrong?

"Could I talk to you guys about Callie?" Her tone completely changes and my heart stops.

Josh and I look at each other before nodding, the nurse in the room grabs Greyson from my arms as the Doctor leads us into her office. My heart begins to beat faster than it ever has before, I'm not ready for this conversation. Part of me knows how this is going to go, but I don't want to believe it.

"You guys need to prepare yourself for the worse." The words stab into me the second we take a seat.

"So you're saying my daughter is going to die?" I ask and feel Josh grab my hand. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid so." I feel the tears fall from my eyes. IN such disbelief that our daughter's doctor is going to give up so easily on her.

"So you're just going to just give up on her? On my daughter?!" I raise my voice as my blood begins to boil.

"Mrs. Myers, it's not like that-"

"Well, it seems like it!" I cut the Doctor off before standing up and dismissing myself from her office. I quickly walk towards the NICU and gather all the supplies I need for Greyson before leaving with him. I storm out of the hospital and try to keep my tears in, but fail miserably.

"I'm so sorry baby boy, I love you," I say and kiss his little cheeks as I hook his car seat into the car. I keep the door open as I slide down the side of the car allowing the rush of emotions takes over my body. I feel someone's arms wrap around me and pull me into a hug. "Emily" Josh's voice instantly comforts me.

"Our daughter is going to die," I mumble and feel my world shatter.

"You don't know that," he says pulling me to my feet, he wraps his arms around me trying his best to comfort me and calm me.

"Let's just get Greyson home, please." He adds before kissing my cheeks.

We arrive at home and I quickly take Greyson in as I was still sobbing. Katie didn't even bother asking me what was wrong, she just looked at Josh. I unhook Greyson from his car seat and get him into more comfortable clothes. I swaddle him in his blanket, before bringing him back downstairs with everyone.

"Hey Emily" Katie was sitting on the couch, her eyes were glossed over.

"Hey" I softly say as I sit in the rocking chair, before I know it Greyson was fast asleep, he softly snores, just like his father.