Chapter 6

My thoughts have been consumed with planning for our baby, as well as trying to get appointments aligned. I'm desperate to see my baby on the ultrasound, I'm more eager for our baby to start growing so I can feel the kicks. 

"What's going on in the beautiful mind?" Josh's arms wrap around my body as his presence behind me grows stronger. 

"I'm just excited about our baby." I admit and turn towards Josh as a smile grows on his face. 

"I still can't believe we're about to become parents." 

"I know! It's kind of scary though, like we have this little baby that we have to bring into this world and protect from literally everything possibly. Like-"

"Hey we can do it, we will be alright." Josh pulls me in and plants a kiss on my forehead. 

We carry on with our day, just hanging around the house watching movies to pass the time by. The weather has been nothing, but gloomy today, it hasn't stopped raining since last night. A knock on the door brought me back to existence. I get up and walk over to the door before opening it. "Hey Courtney" I smile and see her soaked from the rain coming down pretty hard and her crying, uh oh. 

"Hey" she walks in and sit on our couch as the water drips down her soaked clothes. "Can I ask you something?" She looks over at me as I grab the towel hanging next to the door, draping it over her as I sit on the couch. 

"Yeah anything"

"Could I move in with you guys?" She quickly asks, I'm shocked I thought her and mark would be  together for a while. "I'll have to ask Josh, but what happened with you and Mark?" I ask carefully, I don't want to push her. 

"He dumped me today, he gave me money for the baby and he said he doesn't want to be apart of his life." She wipes away her tears I get up and hug her. She said 'he', I guess she's having a boy. I'll ask her once she's in a better state of mind. I leave her in the living room and go find Josh, I don't think he will mind.

"Hey Josh?" I walk around looking for him. "I'm right here" he pops out of nowhere and I jump back.

"Um.. something happened between Mark and Courtney, do you mind if she moves in with us?" I look at my feet then back at his face. "Sure, more the merrier" he hugs me as I smile into his shoulder.

Another knock on the door brings us away from one another, who else could that be? I look at Josh and back at the door. "I'll get it" I say and head to the door. I open the door a huge gasp leaves my lips, it was like my heart stopped beating. Tears roll down my face, I look at her and run into her arms. My sister was standing right in front of me.

"Katie I missed you so much." I cry into her shoulder. I pull her into the house quickly to get her out of the rain. "I missed you too" She wipes the tears rolling down my face.

"When I heard about mom I knew you weren't going to take it well. I got on a flight, but got stuck in Arizona." She says and moves her hair out of her face.

I hear footsteps behind me, I quickly turn around and see Josh walking into the room, "Katie you remember Josh right?" I pull him over to us. "Yeah, I could never forget him!" 

"Well" I look at him as he wraps his arm around my waist. "No way!" Her jaw drops and her lips grow into such a huge smile. 

"We got paired up at our school" Josh tells her and she covers her mouth and just looks at us. 

"Wow I'm so happy for you two seriously." She smiles. I completely forgot Courtney was here, when I turn and look at her she's fast asleep on the couch.