The Girl With The Short Silver Hair

Natsu's P.O.V:

Lunch. Finally. I automatically see Gray and Erza sitting at our usual table.

"Yo, guys."

"Hey, Flame-Brain." Gray says in the middle of bites of his sandwich.

Lucy and Levy sit beside him. Next to Erza there was: Gajeel, Juvia, Loke, and the rest of the gang.

"Yo, Salamander, have you seen the new girl? Mirajane Strass?" Gajeel asked.

"I hears she's gorgeous." Gray remarked.

 Then I saw a sheet of paper. Not surprisingly, it said at the top: Plan to Murder Mirajane. By Juvia. Of course. 

"No, have you met her sister? Lisanna?" I ask.

"Lisanna?" Erza says with a worries look. 

"No, No, NO!! Another girl named Lisanna. I met her. She's cool. Can she sit with us?" I sigh.

"Um, sorry Natsu, but I haven't seen her." Lucy remarked.

"Dude, I know you haven't let go of Lis, but are you sure THIS Lisanna is...real?" Gray says.

"YES, PERVERT POPSICLE!" I yell.

"Oh, you wanna go, Ash Brains?!"

"Oh you bet!" Gray and I begin to brawl as I attempt to rip off his face. 

"SHUT UP, THE BOTH OF YOU." The mighty Erza orders.

"Yes, Ma'am."

"I saw her." Loke says. "The one with the short silver hair."

Then I see her. Lisanna. She walks through the doors, and begins to look for a place to sit. Lisanna. 

My eyes sting as I remember the Lisanna I used to know. My childhood friend. My Lisanna. I can still remember the first time I called her that.

"Natsuuuuu!!!" She called at me. We were about 13 at the time. We were playing around in an open field close to home.

"What is it now, Lis?"

"If something hurts me, will you protect me?"

"Um, yeah, Lis, of course."

She smiled so brightly it was blinding. She leaned in and kissed me. After I broke the kiss, I began to blush furiously. 

"Aww, Natsu, your so cute when your embarrassed."

"Shut up."

"Natsu, are you mine now?"

"Huh?"

"Call me your Lisanna."

"What are you talking about, Lis?"

"Just say it."

"Alright." I had said, trying the name out. "My Lisanna." 

"Awww!" 

"Shut up." I had really liked how that sounded. My Lisanna.

"Will you always protect me, Natsu?" Her voice echoed in my head.

I couldn't protect her. 

"It's not your fault."

"Natsuuuuuuu!"

Memories ring through my head.

"Natsu! Hey, man! Snap outta it!" Gray waves his hand over my eyes. "Geez, dude, what happened?"

"There she is! Lisanna!" I say.

"I see the Mira girl, but where's Lisanna?" Gajeel says.

Mirajane enters the lunchroom heads turn at her entrance. She strides to an empty table, and quietly sits down. A second passes as she unpacks her lunch. The noise is back. Students abandoning their seats to go and cram themselves next to her.

Behind her, Lisanna stands. Looking sad.

"There she is!" I point to her. "Can she sit with us?" All the eyes at my table were on Mira. 

Exasperated I realize what happened. Lisanna was a shadow of her older sister. Just like my Lisanna. More memories.

"Hey Lis!" I call out to her. "Lis?!"

She looks at me, looks around her, then points to herself, as if to ask "Me?".

"Oh! Natsu!"

I grab her wrist as she flushes with pink. Why is she blushing?

"Come sit with me!" I whine like a kid.

"Don't you want to sit with Mira?" She asks.

"Don't you?" I reply. "Come sit!"

I pull her down in a seat next to be and call for my tables attention.

"Meet Lisanna!" Everyone smiles.

"Hi, Lisanna!"