Natsu's Lisanna

Lisanna's P.O.V

Natsu hands me a ticket as we walk through the theatre.

"Hey, want some popcorn?" 

"Of course!" Was my automatic answer. No movie without popcorn!

He goes to the register and looks at me.

"You want a soda?"

"A small one, please."

A cashier shows up at the register.

"What can I get you?"

"Two popcorns and two small sodas, please."

"What size popcorn?" Natsu looks at me again. I always find myself wanting to melt under his stare.

"Small." I reply faintly. I sigh in relief as Natsu takes his gaze off me.

"You heard her. Two small popcorns."

"Coming right up." The cashier said.

Natsu handed my my popcorn and soda, and we walked into the theatre.

We sat down in the 4th row, and waited for the movie to start. I was so excited to be watching the movie, I failed to notice for a second that Natsu was looking at me. I turned to find him looking at me with a small smile, and soft eyes.

I flush red. "Is something wrong?" I ask timidly.

"No, it's just your eyes light up when your excited or happy." I flush and begin to look like a tomato.

"IS something wrong?" He asks, slight concern edging his voice.

"You make me feel small when you look at me like that." I whisper.

"Really?"

Did I just say that out loud?? Oh god.

"Um..." A loud bang was heard and the movie started I leaned forward intently and the movie started.

It was incredible. The fight scenes, the stone figures, the fires! It was so real. I found myself laughing with excitement even through the death scenes. A fire started in the movie just as I turned to look at Natsu's reaction. My eyes shoot wide open.

A tear hangs over the edge of his eye, threatening to fall. I turn back, slightly scared and confused. Is he scared? Sad?

Finally, the movie comes to an end. Natsu is smiling and laughing, seeming to forget what happened through the movie. 

As we make it back to the car, he is about to turn the engine on as I blurt out,

"Do you want to tell me why you were crying through that scene in the movie?" I didn't mean to say it! No...

He shot up in his seat, slight anger shoots through his eyes before they return to a sad, soft look.

"Please, Natsu. Tell me the truth. What happened to Lisanna."

"Was it Laki who told you." He asks. Cold, hard sadness is the only thing I can hear in his voice.

I nod. "Laki told me you really liked each other."

"Lisanna was my best childhood friend. But, as we got older, her feelings changed. And I guess mine did too. She first kissed me when we were 13, in the meadow we used to play in as kids. At the sunset she loved."

"Natsu..."

"It's alright, Lis. Your my friend, so I can tell you. Lisanna was my best friend. My everything. One day, two years ago, I was walking to Lisanna's. When I got there, the building was on fire. I could see her parens outside, and her sister was screaming. I didn't see her. Then I realized that she was still inside. I ran into the house, up the flaming stairs, and down toward her room. She was screaming my name, and she was trapped inside the flamed. It was a pure wall of fire between us. I tried to cross but every time I was thrown out, coughing and burned. She started screaming at me to leave but I wouldn't. Finally, the smoke got to much for me to handle. I began to cough. And finally, everything went dark. When I woke up, I found that I had been in a coma for three days. Lisanna's elder sister, Jane, was there. When I asked about Lisanna, she refused to answer. then the truth hit me. I started banging my head against the wall, causing another two days of coma. It was may fault. If I could have had the bravery to walk through the fire,  it wouldn't have been that way. That's why I told you to leave and went in for Laki. I swore to never let one of my friends die like that."

"Natsu..."

"So when the scene of the fire in the house came up, it brought back too many memories."

"It wasn't you fault!" I yell. Then, his voice turns ice cold.

"Yeah, like I've never heard THAT before." Realizing what he said he corrected himself.

"I'm sorry."

"No, I am." I said forcefully.

"You're nothing like her, yet all you do is remind me of her."

"Because of my name?" I ask.

"No, so mush more than that. You're a shadow of your popular elder sister. You give off the same vibe as her, and judging my that, I can tell you have a strong sense of justice."

I was about to respond when the car starts. He drives down into an old neighborhood and through a new streets.

"Natsu, where are we going?" I ask him.

"You'll see."

Finally, we arrived at an open meadow, with a cliff on the end he runs down to the cliff and in a minute, I see him again. Standing above that most beautiful sunset I have every seen.

"Natsu...It's beautiful!"

"I know."

Then I saw it. I small gravestone with the name "Lisanna" carved on it. I stare at it for a second.

"I decided to make my own." I look up at Natsu as he continues. "She loved the sunset here. It was her favorite place. It was her second home. I made this so she could gaze upon the sunset for eternity."

"That's so sweet, Natsu." His smile returns. A wave of relief sweeps over me as I see his smile.

"I should probably get you home. Or your brother is gonna kill me." I laugh.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Lis?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for listening."

I walk over with the sudden surge of bravery I have and pull him into a hug. He looks surprised for a second, then hugs me back. He's so warm. I feel so safe in his arms...

"Thanks, Lis."

A perfect end to today. Nothing could make it better.