Fire and Friends

Natsu's P.O.V

Lisanna sits next to me as I hear Old Man Gildarts's footsteps.

"Here he comes!" I tell her.

The old man walked in, and as if on que, he yawns and mutters something about not knowing how his students were earlier than him. 

"So...kids...do you have any idea what we're gonna do today? I'm to tired to find out."

Everyone laughs. Half the class yells: "Free Period!!" While the other half says: "Blow up stuff!!"

"Alright! Let's blow stuff up!" Gildarts yells. Everyone cheers. 

Phones come out as students google how to make a science experiment explode. This was gonna be fun, and on top of that, I have Lis as a lab partner. Talk about score!

"Hey, Lis! Which experiment do you wanna do?" I ask Lisanna.

She's too busy gaping at Gildarts to hear me. He's sitting in his chair, eating a donut. I see flames of slight anger and confusion in her eyes. God, she looks adorable that way.

"Lis? Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!" I wave my hand in front of her eyes. She snaps up, as if somebody slapped her.

"Is this normal?" This is the first time I heard her raise her voice in anger. Realizing that she did, her eyes widened, and she looked into her hands, face red.

"I'm sorry, this is just new to me." She says. I can hear her voice quivering. Just who is this girl? 

I lightly place my hand on her back as she looks up in shock, then down again.

"I know this school can be a little weird, but you'll learn to love it. Trust me." I say.

"I knew that from the start, Natsu." She responds, then looks up and smiles at me.

"We can do a science experiment if you want. Which one would you like to do?" I ask. Better to let her chose, I'm too dumb for this stuff anyway.

"Um..." She starts, but then screams echo from the back of the room. 

We spin around and see it. Fire. Students run everywhere. 

"Lis, run!" I scream at Lisanna. She looks surprised for a second, then it turns to fear.

"What..." Comes her faint reply.

"Lisanna! Get out, as long as the door is still open!" I yell "Just get out!"

Lisanna runs then looks back. "Natsu!"

"I'll be there in a second! Go get help!" She nods and runs through the school.

"Laki!" I yell. Laki always sits at the back of the classroom. Fire. I'm not losing another friend to a fire. Not again. Not after that. Not after that Lisanna. I run to the back of the classroom, where students were pushing out of the way. I heard a whimper from the back of the classroom.

Laki.

"Laki! I yell. "Laki! Are you alright!?!??

"Natsu?" I run though the fire in the corner as flames pierce my skin, but I keep moving. Then I see her. Laki. She had a bad burn mark on her lower leg.

"Natsu, I can't walk... Natsu, help..." I run toward her as the flames almost cover her body. I run toward the outline of her body through the flames. I yelp in pain as fire sears my pant leg.

"Laki!" I finally reach her. Her back is leaning against the wall, her arms clutching her leg. Blood. The smell of blood fills the air. I freeze. 

"No!" I scream at myself. "Keep moving!" I bend down to her as whimpers in pain.

"Laki, Laki, can you hear me?" I try to calm her down. "Put your arms around me. We need to get you out of here! Laki!"

"Natsuuu..." I lift one of her arms and put it around my shoulders. She reaches her other arm up, and manages to grab the back of y shirt as I walk toward the exit.

"Natsu...It hurts..." Her breathing became unsteady. I could hear it. The smoke and flames where getting to her. I begin to cough. I drop down to on knee and cover my mouth. Not now. Please...

I rip off the sleeve of my shirt and turn to wrap it around Laki's mouth. Then I hear a voice.

"Natsu! Natsu, is that you?" Gildarts.

"Old Man!" I yell. "Take Laki!" He Runs through the flames and grabs Laki. I stagger the last few steps out the classroom. Fire fighters arrive at the scene. Gildarts grabs me by the arm and pulls me farther away from the fire. I see hospital workers move Laki away on a stretcher. She's alright. Good. I see Gray and Erza run out of the classrooms and begin to run toward me. 

"Natsu!" The yell in unison as all classrooms file out. All the students run toward the exit except them. They come toward me. 

"Natsu!" I relax my breathing as I lean against the wall.

They run up to me. Erza tips my head towards her's and shakes me. "Natsu! Can you hear me?!"

I feel like laughing. "I'm fine...Erza...Just stop...shaking me." She stops.

Gray pulls my arm around his shoulder as he walks me out.

"Glad you're alright, Natsu." He says as we walk out the building.

"Where's...Lisanna?"

"She got help." I turn to find Master behind me.

"Master!" Erza says.

"I'm glad everyone made it out okay...other than Laki. Natsu, you don't look so great." Master then screams for a medic as I lean against the wall once more. Lisanna walks out toward me.

"The fire's out! Natsu! Are you alright?!?!" She runs and hugs me.

"That hurts, Lis." I say as she jerks backward, and her face turns red.

"I'mSOSORRY!!!" She says as I grin.

"Master's right though. You do need medical attention." Gray comments. "No wonder you survived. To live through that, you have to be a flame-brain such as yourself!"

"Yeah, Pervy Popsicle?" I laugh.

Erza smiles in relief.

I start coughing.

"Natsu!"

The world goes black.