Laki

"Come on, Lis! At the rate you're moving, it's gonna be tomorrow by the time when we get there!" Natsu calls from the front.

"Um...Sorry, Natsu, but I don't know where the classroom is..."

Natsu then hit his head. "Sorry, Lis. I completely forgot you were new! It's like we've become best friends already, right?"

I blushed. "Yeah, I guess we did." 

"Here's the science classroom. Come on!" 

As we approach the science room, a swarm of schoolgirls make a beeline for Natsu. They swarm around him like their the bees and he's the honey.

"NATSUUUUUUUU!!!!" They shriek. They sound like hungry hyenas.

"Can I be your lab partner?"

"NO!!! Obviously he wants me!!"

"Let me sit next to you!"

"Can I get a picture?" Screams echo through the hallway. What happened? They didn't seem all that interested during lunch, other then the Gray and Natsu fight. What happened?

"Um, hi." Natsu gently pushes them away, trying to break the swarm the was covering him.

I start to walk away from Natsu and into the classroom to find a seat. He probably doesn't want me around anyway. After all, he's got about 15 girls on top of him right now.

"Hey, wait Lis!" I hear Natsu's voice through the crowd. I turn.

"Um---" Before I can continue, I feel his arm wrap around my shoulders. 

"Come, Lis! I found a seat for us! Wanna be my lab partner?" He smiles. His arm feels warm and safe around my shoulders.

"Um, yeah, sure!" Comes my quiet reply. Gasps echo across the room.

"Is SHE his girlfriend?"

"She better not be dating HIM!" 

"I already told everyone, he's MINE!"

"NO! He's mine!"

"Maybe I shouldn't..." I begin.

"Please?" He looks at me with puppy eyes. "Come on, Lis. I might not be that smart, but I can provide amusement!"

 Natsu thinks I don't want to be his partner because he's says he's not smart???

"Okay... If you say so." 

"YES!!" He pumps his fist in the air in victory. "Come sit!" 

As we sit, some of Natsu's friends gather. I hear Natsu call one of them Jet. Then a purple headed girl taps me on the shoulder. I turn around to find her looking at me with a very serious face. I didn't see her crowding around Natsu when he walked in...

"Lisanna, right?" I nod. "Can we talk?"

I stand up as she walks me to the corner of the room.

"What's your relationship with Natsu?" She asks. So she is a fangirl.

"Oh, don't worry, I doubt he'll dat---" I get cut off.

"No, no. That's not what I mean. I'm not after Natsu. Do you like him?"

"Yeah..." I whisper. "He's cute, and fun, and he's a great friend and all---"

"I suggest you don't." She says abruptly.

"What?" I say, "I never would---"

"No, no. You still don't understand. Most of the friends that you will see are the kids that grew up with Natsu. I'm one of them." She says.

"Oh." I say, slightly confused.

"Natsu was especially close with one of his childhood friends, Lisanna." She says sadly.

"Lisanna?"

"Yeah. She...she...Natsu doesn't like to talk about it."

"Yeah, he told me that she had can---" I once more get cut off.

"That's not the truth." She says. "Natsu will chose when to tell you when you two get close enough. Lisanna and him, well, I think you can guess."

"They liked each other?"

"No... More than that. Lisanna loved him. Really loved him. He promised to always protect her, so, when she died, it took the heaviest toll on Natsu. He took the bearing of the weight of her death. He still hasn't gotten over Lisanna."

"Oh god! But...why are you telling me this?" I ask.

"Natsu began to date girls and do other things like skateboarding and sports to get his mind off Lisanna, to distract himself, and he still does. I mean, he's gotten WAY better. He moved past it. He smiled again."

"Alright?" I say, confused.

"Natsu is the biggest heart throb/heart breaker in the school. I felt he had a special connection to you, but be careful."

"Who said I was gonna date him?"

She smiled. "Yeah, I don't know. But, I just though you should know."

"Thanks..." I pause.

"Laki." She says. "See you around."

I turn and walk back to my seat as Natsu looks up at me and grins.

"Where'd you go, Lis? I thought you had left to go sit next to someone else!"

"Oh, Um, No..." I said.

He wrapped his warm hand around my arm and lightly pulled, which made me sit down.

"You ready for your first science class?" Natsu asks.

"No..." I say as the sound of loud footsteps echo throughout the room. 

"Mr. Gildarts is the craziest!" He laughs. I have never heard such laughter so full of melody and life from a boy before. I blush.

"Here he comes!"