Combat

"Do any of you guys have any personal experience with combat?" Saika asked as she barged into the kitchen. It was early in the morning with everyone getting up to their morning routine and such. Papyrus had made coffee and hot chocolate for everyone since he woke up first, so all the skelebros were drinking their chosen beverage before Saika had interrupted them.

They all stared at her in puzzlement. Why would she want to know that? And why was she suddenly interested in fighting?

She held up a yellow book, stars in her eyes. "I just read a book called 'Advanced Self Defense or Combat' and it talks about how to defend yourself when in need! Though it doesn't explain how to do those amazing moves mentioned inside, it does explain how handy and easy self combat is! Usually these kinds of subjects bore me, but this one especially caught my interest." Saika speed walked over to the table everyone was sitting at and set the book down. On the front, the cover was told in big bold letters.

"And it says here that with some training and practice, a person can be as deadly as a sniper rifle! It may be a little exaggerating, but being able to be as sharp as a weapon could prove useful in the future!" Saika pointed to an open part of the text for everyone to see. She was actually hyped about this. Being able to fight for herself could definitely make her gain more dignity and prove useful in many ways.

"So, you're asking whether or not we have any fighting experience so one of us could teach you?" Honey asked, eyeing Saika. He didn't see much of her as a physical person or as someone wanting to do any fighting or harm towards others. "Why don't you just hire somebody?"

"Indeed, I could hire someone who specialized in defensive combat, but I don't know where or who to call. I thought one of you might of at least had some training somewhere, but I guess not-"

"I'VE HAD SOME TRAINING SESSIONS!!" Papyrus yelled out excitedly.

"Really?" Saika questioned if he really did. He didn't seem the type to be able to hurt a fly, or anything.

"YES!! I HAD SOME TRAINING WITH ONE OF MY BESTIES!! MAYBE I CAN HELP YOU!" Papyrus was beaming out the energy of a nuclear power plant. Blue set his cup of hot cocoa on the table rather loudly.

"A-AND I CAN HELP TOO! I'VE HAD EXPERTISE TRAINING FROM THE MOST FEARSOME MONSTER IN THE ROYAL GUARD!" Blue pointed at Saika, almost jumping out of his seat with stars in his eyes. "I CAN TEACH YOU THE WAYS OF BEING A SUCCESSFUL FIGHTER!"

"WHAT? NO YOU CAN'T! YOU TWO DIM-WITTS CAN BARELY DO ANY DAMAGE ON ANYTHING! WHAT ON ASGORE DO YOU THINK YOU CAN TEACH THE HUMAN?!" Fell spat out, almost in a loathed tone.

He got a couple of glares from certain skeletons, but he ignored them. Or he was just too busy thinking of his own virtue.

"If you're saying that, Fell, then are you thinking that you are 'somewhat' better?" Saika asked. It got on her nerves that he still called her 'human' instead of the correct term, but she wasn't going to waste her breath on him. "Surely you aren't just saying that, right?"

Fell put a hand on his chest proudly. "OF COURSE NOT! I AM FAR BETTER AND STRONGER THAN BOTH OF THEM COMBINED!"

"YEAH RIGHT! I BET I'M JUST AS STRONG AS YOU!" Blue yelled at Fell. Fell rolled his eyes, visibly annoyed. Saika was expecting their older brothers to say something, but they all seemed focused on something else. How weird.

Papyrus sighed at his friends arguing. They all had their own different strengths and weaknesses, he was sure of that. He looked over at Saika, who seemed to be growing irritated. He waved at her, catching her attention. He smiled, trying to reassure her. She smiled back, easing a bit. A nice little gesture could go a long way, as his brother had said to him before. Wait, when had his brother said that? (Papyrus, focused on the main subject!)