Chapter Two

A/N: THANK YOU GOTHAM FOR INTRODUCING ME TO THAT BEAUTIFUL SONG COVER ABOVE!!! Also, that's Riley's outfit throughout the rest of the book until the Epilogue yaaaay ^^ And here is the gif that will take place in this chapter: 

Italics is Charles's side

"You're...En Sabah Nur...?" I asked while crossing my arms over my stomach. I agreed to join him, not really understanding why...Somehow he had given me an outfit to change into, and I felt a little bare since it had no sleeves. "I learned about you one year in school." I said before suddenly realizing something. "You've asked me for help recruiting one more Mutant... But you already have four." 

"I'm making an exception." He pointed out. "You weren't originally in my plans, my child. But I... felt your power. I had to have you by my side." He finished, stroking my cheek with his finger. 

I pulled away, my eyes traveling to the floor. "Who's the last one?"

--Time Skip--

I felt anger build inside me when we walked out of the portal Apocalypse made, seeing the man I now despised standing in front of a group of men. They all looked to us, catching Erik's attention. I was stood behind Psylocke, hiding myself from his gaze. 

"Who the fuck are you?" I heard him ask annoyed, clearly we interrupted something. "Stay back. Whoever you are, don't try to stop me from killing these men."

I looked behind him to the workers, focusing all my anger on them and watching as they fell to the floor in piles of dust. "That's not why we're here." I informed, standing in front of the group with my arms folded across my chest. "We're not here for them. We're here for you." I finished. 

Erik's sad eyes looked over me, a flash of confusion showing. "What happened to not killing anyone?" He asked, seeming disappointed in me. 

"People change." I spat out. "You of all people should know that." I hissed before walking through the newly formed portal, not letting him respond. 

--Time Skip to after Erik joins bc no--

"What happened to you?" Erik's voice came from behind me. I ignored him in hopes that he would drop it, but I was wrong. He spun me around to face him, his eyes staring into mine. "The Riley I knew would never kill anyone."

I scoffed before ripping myself out of his grip. "The Riley you knew didn't lose the people she loves." I whispered, feeling tears stinging my eyes, a familiar feeling now. "Looks like we both lost something today..." I finished, turning back towards the others, watching as Apocalypse put the finishing touches on Warren 

"Charles?" Erik asked quietly. 

I turned curiously before I walked a little closer to him, putting my hand on his arm gently. "What's going on?" 

"You think because you can see into my head...You know how it feels?" Erik asked while I watched on confused. "You're looking in the wrong place, Charles.

"Erik..." I whispered, suddenly realizing what was happening. I noticed tears beginning to form in his eyes, feeling myself slowly feel bad about being so harsh when I arrived.

"Help me?" Erik asked in an annoyed tone. "They would have wanted to live!" He said after a moments silence. "I tried your way, Charles. I tried to be like them. Live like them..." He paused, his eyes flicking towards me for a moment before going back to the wall. "But it always ends the same way... They took everything away from me..." Erik paused again, now turning towards the rest of the group. "Now... We'll take everything from them." I met his eyes before we both looked to Apocalypse, seeing him looking right back at us. 

"Hank..." Charles spoke panicked. "He's not alone... They're not alone..." 

"They're? Who's they?" Hank asked, looking confused.

"Erik and Riley." Charles informed while Hank's eyes widened.

"Extraordinary..." Apocalypse breathed out in awe.

"What do you see?" Warren asked.

I felt a rush of panic and regret flow through me, understanding that Apocalypse could feel Charles in Erik's head. 

"The answer."

A/N: Let me know how you're liking the story so far! Or if you think a certain thing should happen! See you guys next update! xoxx