Chapter Three

A/N: I have THE WORST writers block ever right now... It's not even funny. It's like my brain is constipated -.-  Someone DMed me saying "Did you die? Are you dead? Do you want me to throw you a funeral?" Ummmmmmmmm 

I felt a rush of panic and regret flow through me, understanding that Apocalypse could feel Charles in Erik's head.

"The answer. Thank you for letting me in...."

I felt my heart race when the purple ripple appeared in front of us, my breath shaky as I stepped inside, finding ourselves in the mansion. I put on a brave face, my eyes focusing on Hank and Raven as they looked to us in shock. "Erik... Riley...?" Raven asked quietly, her eyes getting watery with tears. I looked to Erik, our eyes meeting briefly before he held out his arm and pulled Charles towards us with his powers. "Charles!" Raven shouted, running after him, getting stopped when Alex past her and headed towards us as Warren shielded Charles with his wings.

"Hey, asshole!" Alex shouted, his teeth gritting. I narrowed my eyes at him and thought about  lowering myself into the ground to get him, getting stopping by Erik before I could. He grabbed my forearm tightly, his eyes looking down into mine. I glared up at him as he pulled me with him into the portal, turning only to look at Hank, his eyes full of betrayal. 

"All will be revealed, my child." Apocalypse said, following our motions into the purple void.  

--Time Skip--

The sound of Charles groaning caught my attention, taking me out of my thoughts. I turned, seeing him trying to sit up while pinching the bridge of his nose. "You're blocking me... How?" 

"I can shield their minds from your power, one of the many gifts I've acquired throughout the millennia." Apocalypse explained to him, walking closer as he did so. He sat on a rock in front of Charles, putting his hands on his knees. "But to see... Inside a mind... To control it... That's your gift." He paused, watching Charles look over to Storm before looking back to him. "You saw it, didn't you? The glory of what's to come." 

Charles's eyes flicked over to me for a second before he looked to Erik by my side. "You two are going to take part in all this killing and destruction?" His eyes went back to me with a sad look in them. "That's not the Riley I know."

I scoffed and inched my way towards him. "I really... Wish people would stop saying that." I growled, Erik pulling me back by my arm before he spoke up.

"It's all I've ever known." Erik said, releasing my arm after putting me behind him. 

"No it isn't." Charles countered. "You've just forgotten." 

"No, Charles. I remember." Erik shot back. "Your way doesn't work." I looked to the ground my fists clenching at the memory of blood on my hands... His blood.

"I've showed them a better way." Apocalypse said softly to Charles. "A better world."

"No, you've just tapped into their rage and pain. That's all you've done." Charles spat before looking back at Erik. "I told you the moment I met you, there is more to you, Erik. There is good in you, too." 

"Whatever you think you saw in me, Charles... I buried it." Erik explained. "With my family." I took a shaky breath, swallowing the lump that was forming in my throat. 

A/N: Short but not at all sweet! I only have an hour until I have to go to work so I don't know if the other chapter will be up today BUT! If not, I have half of it done so maybe tomorrow or Monday IDK!