Chapter Five

A/N: Unfortunately this chapter is going to be a tad short... I'm just so sick today guys, I hope you'll forgive me TT-TT It's um... It's also another flashback because I sTILL CAN'T GET ANYTHING FROM THE MOVIE YET 

Flashback...Again

"Did you have anymore nightmares? Anymore psychotic breaks?" Edward asked quietly. He seemed off today, Riley noticed. 

"No." She mumbled from her spot on her bed. 

"Well." He sighed, giving a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "That's progress, Riley." 

"Why are you doing this?" Riley asked, her eyes peeking over her covers. "Why are you helping me even though you were fired?" 

Edward looked up, only just now noticing her puffy, tear filled eyes. "I would never stop helping someone in need of it." He paused, walking towards her and sitting next to her on the mattress. "Especially you." 

"Even though you were fired because of me." She pointed out, pulling the covers over him as well. "If I hadn't..." Riley sighed, looking off to the side. "If it wasn't for me-"

"Then I never would have realized I was in love with you." Edward interfered, catching her off guard. She turned her head back to him and saw him looking at the ceiling. He sighed, running a hand over his face with an emotionless chuckle. 

"Ed, I told you-"

"That you're in love with the psychopath still, I know." He joked, looking at her now with a genuine smile. "I never said you had to love me back, Ri." 

Riley swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat, her eyes scanning his face slowly. "Why?"

Edward hummed in response, confusion entering his mind. "Why what?" 

She closed her eyes and let out a sigh. "Why did you-... How are you... In love with me after everything I've told you? After everything I've done?" 

He looked at her, his hand squeezing hers. "Because I can see the light in your darkness, Riley. Everything you've told me. That's not who you really are." 

"But how do you know that?" She cried, her head leaning sideways to rest on the wall behind them. 

Edward smiled sadly, his other hand going to his temple. "You think you're the only one with tricks up their sleeves?" He watched her eyes widen for a moment, his thumb rubbing the back of her hand. "How else do you explain me being such a great therapist?" 

Riley chuckled through her tears and sat up, scooting closer to him. "You're a cheater!" She joked, her hand finding it's way to the back of his neck. "You are such a damn cheater, Edward!" 

He joined in her laughter, absentmindedly bringing her onto his lap. "What? It's not like I always take the easy way out of reading people." 

She looked down at him, only just then noticing their position and how close they were. Her eyes darted back and forth between his, their faces getting dangerously close to each other. Just when their lips were about to touch, the sound of a car outside startled them, causing Riley to pull her face away quickly. "I'm sorry, I-"

"Shut up." Edward cut off, his hand clutching the back of her head and bringing her lips to his. 

A/N: So. I'm questioning myself here. Okay, so, at the end of this book.... Should I make Riley and Erik try to start over and pretend none of the bad things happened, or should they kinda just go their own ways?? I'm really curious :| Also, I'm having such bad anxiety for something that isn't happening until the 11th.. Guys I'm SHOOK!