Chapter Ten

A/N: Two things. ONE, No, I am not dead. TWO, after I finish this story, this series along with You Found Me will be edited... I keep finding mistakes and I noticed some continuity errors... blah blah blah.. Okay I'm rambling, bye. P.S: Listening to the score from Rogue One... Crying buckets because of the "Your Father Would Have Been Proud." song from a scene that made me sob not saying which one but OHMYGOD

I sighed, my eyes scanning over the team in front of me. "We've gone over a thousand different plans." I breath out, turning around to begin pacing. "Hank, look," I paused, closing my eyes for a moment in frustration. ",we may have family. We may have the numbers. But he's too strong."

Hank scoffed, his eyes rolling. "Since when are you one to shy away from something like this?"

I balled my hands into fists, whipping around so fast I could have sworn everyone took in a sharp breath. "Since I held my husband, the man I loved, in my arms as I watched the life drain from his eyes. Since Erik left me without saying a word! Since I accidentally killed my daughte-" I cut myself off, letting out a long, shaky breath. "Apparently I'm more dangerous than we thought." I looked up to meet my brother's eyes, seeing him and everyone else already looking at me with pity. "You think we can take him on? Fine. Then we'll take him on." I breathed out a laugh, shaking my head. "I'm trusting you on this."

"Good choice." The voice of Charles interrupted. "Welcome back, Riley." He said with a hopeful smile. "We've missed you."

--Time Skip? Time Skip.--

Erik P.O.V

The jet crashed, Riley's body disappearing a blue cloud of smoke moments beforehand. I let out a slow breath, relieved that she was out of the jet plane before the impact.

"I'm gonna go fight for what I have left." Raven announced, making me turn my head to face her. "Are you?" She disappeared in a blur as I thought back to what she had said when she arrived. My mind immediately went to the McCoy girl, thinking over all the good and bad times we've had together. I closed my eyes for a moment, my brain seeming to hit the pause button on the last kiss I gave her. A tear slipped down my cheek and I sighed.

My eyes averted from where Raven and the boy from the Pentagon were moments ago, landing on Riley as she took long strides towards Apocalypse. My heart was racing out of fear for her safety, knowing by the way she was balling her fists that she wasn't going to have a chat.

My mouth hung open slightly at the sight in front of me. Riley went in for the attack, getting stopped by En Sabah Nur's hand clutching her tightly by the neck. I watched on helplessly as he threw her towards a building and watched her phase into it.

I couldn't understand why, how even after all these years and both of us having a life away from each other, having families of our own, that I still found myself loving her. I looked around me, watching pieces of metal swirl through the air in their journey from underground and the buildings in the area.

My mind was swimming and my heart ached at the thought of losing her or anyone else today. My eyes drifted over to Apocalypse and I clenched my jaw.

This isn't what I was meant to be.

A/N: Another chapter is coming tomorrow because I can actually quote the movie since I'll have the script in front of me unlike right now... I'm in bed and I had an idea soooo... here.