Chapter Nine

I made my way back up to the roof, watching the plane take off again. I look behind me, seeing Warren flying towards me, getting lower to pick me up. I grabbed onto him, yelping in surprise when my feet left the ground. He brought me above the plane, dropping me after counting down from three so I could get ready. Before my feet could hit the top of the aircraft, I used my powers to fall through but not all the way so I was now inside the plane. "It's rude to leave without saying goodbye." I hissed, stalking over towards them. I heard another person land on the roof but chose to ignore it for the time being. Warren dropped in behind me through the hole Psylocke made before walking to stand to my left. I looked to the pilot controls, narrowing my eyes with a smirk as I began to destroy them with my mind. 

"Kurt, get her out of here!" The red head from earlier shouted. 

I was about to respond before two blue arms wrapped around me and I was suddenly outside again. I elbowed him in the face, as we fell through the air, my eyes widening when he disappeared and I was free falling. I grunted when I grabbed onto a wall of a building, hissing in pain when my hand had solidified while I kept falling. I gave a scream before I landed on the ground with a loud thud, watching the plane crash down in the distance. I threw my head back in pain, closing my eyes for a moment, realizing what an idiot I was for getting into this mess before allowing myself to sink into the ground and make my way to where I saw Apocalypse in the distance. I raised myself out of the dirt behind him, all my fear getting the best of me as I inched myself forward, getting ready to put my hands on the side of his head to end this whole thing, only to have him turn quickly and grip my wrists tightly. 

"You dare betray me, my daughter?" En Sabah Nur spoke slowly, raising you up off the ground roughly. "For these weaklings?" He threw his head back with a laugh before he flung me towards a building. I quickly used my Mutation to go through the wall before I could make impact, wincing when I hit the wall inside. I groaned, coughing from getting the wind knocked out of me. 

"Scott, stop!" The voice of the red head said, startling me. "She turned on him, maybe she can help us." She warned. 

I turned, seeing everyone from the plane staring back at me with uncertain stares. "You can't." I mumbled. "You can't take him down. You may have the numbers... But he's too powerful." I explained, looking up to the teens. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have been involved in this mess. 

A hand rested on my shoulder and I turned my head to see Hank in his blue fuzzy form giving me a sad smile. "Except we have something he doesn't." He spoke, squeezing gently. "A family." Hank pointed out, his eyes meeting mine. "I missed you, Ri." 

I smiled back, glancing to everyone else before pulling Hank into a hug. Was I making the right choice?

A/N: I just had a serious brain fart so this chapter will probably be edited at some point...