Chapter 7 - Never go back

I saw two characters riding with horses approaching me from the horizon. As they got closer I recognized them to be two soldiers from Hyrule castle. They stopped in front of me surprised.

"Zelda? Is that you?" The other guard asked from me.

"It is me indeed." I smiled.

"Where have you been?!" The second guard asked shouting.

"It is an long story." I laughed.

The guards sighed from relief.

"Well, the king has been worried. Is the Triforce safe?" They asked.

"It is." I nodded.

"Very good. Shall we get to Hyrule castle?"

"Sure. Let's go." I responded and hopped to the back of the other horse.

*

I stepped inside the castle. Many guards and servants were shocked and surprised to see me. I just smiled and walked the stairs upwards to the throne room.

"The king is ready to see you now." One guard said to me.

I walked in stepping on soft red carpet. It's good to be back at home. I smiled to myself as I aproached the throne chair.

"Zelda? Is that really you?!" I heard an deep voice shout in front of me. "I cannot believe my old eyes!"

It's the king. King of Hyrule.

"Your excellency." I bowed.

"Where in the world have you been?" The king asked me.

"Well.. It's a long story." I responded.

I told him the story as best as I could. And it took a long time.

"Arlen, you say?" He asked from me after I finished.

I nodded.

"That's rather strange. I don't think I have heard of such name before."

"Well, your majesty. We have a library in our castle." We heard an strong woman voice say.

"Impa!" I shouted and ran to her.

"It's good to see you, Zelda." She smiled.

Impa is the survivor of the Sheikah tribe and is chosen by the destiny to serve the royal family of Hyrule. When I was just a kid, and knew nothing about my destiny, she came to me and told me everything. She trained me. She was the one who believed in me when no one else did. She passed the Triforce to me from my mother.

"Yes I suppose you're right, Lady Impa." The king said thoughtfully.

He stood up from his chair and then left walking towards the library. I rushed after him.

As we entered the much more smaller library than Arlen's was, the king started looking for a book that would match with the name, Arlen.

He found it. An entire book about Arlen. From the very far corner of the bookshelves, behind the others. Written by a maiden who has long ago lived in this very castle.

"The entire royal family of Arlen, has always had the tradition of naming the next to the throne, Link. The legend old tells only about Princes. Not a single Princess has been born into the dark world of Arlen. Many, many generations ago, Arlen lost it's Triforce. A strong force, based on such virtues as Cunning, Tenacity and Hope. The one who possessed such powers, is unknown. It is told that something or someone stole the Triforce and broke it into thousands of pieces. Without it, Arlen has long crumbled. Civil wars have been fought, many great lives have been lost, the royal family has been driven into deep desperation. And so be it, even today." The King readed from the old dusty book.

I thought about Link. His kingdom.. Is in the edge of ruin.. And I was so selfish that I left him, and didn't even help..? But he wanted our Triforce.. I can't let him have it.. No. I can't feel pity for him anymore. He is not getting our Triforce. I'm going to forget about him anyways soon.

"And you visited that hideous place, did you Zelda?" The King asked from me.

"Yes."

"Well, you shall never go back again. That world of theirs is none of our business. If something, it'll only cause harm to us. And whatever you do. You protect our Triforce from them! Remember that!"

Hideous.
Never go back.
None of our business.
Harm to us.
Protect our Triforce from them.
Remember that.

Those words cutted my mind deeper than a knife would. But that is my king, I shall respect his orders.

"Yes your majesty."

*

Later that evening I sat on the small wooden chair of my house. My house was located at the center of the Hyrule field. Not too far away from Lake Hylia or Hyrule castle. I was thinking and eating at the light of an single candle in my room.

As I took an bite of an green apple I picked up from my way home, I looked outside of the window right in front of me. It's raining. The thunder roaring outside reminds me of Link. The lighting is his anger and the rain is his tears. I took my harp from my bag and played an medley that had six notes in it. It's called The song of Storms. My ancestors in Hyrule have been playing since the civil war. The rain stopped. Good. I didn't want to think about Link or watch the rain any longer. I sighed. I drank my milk I bought while on my way home from the milk bar. I wiped off the milk around my mouth and stood up from my table. My house is small. It only has one big room. I walked over to my closet and changed my purple tunic into purple nightwear.

I walked over to my bed. I put down my harp to my bedside table. I have an old painted picture of my mother on my table.

My mother was an hero also known well in the land of Hyrule. Her name was also Zelda. She died when I was seven. Over ten years ago, but I still miss her, everyday. She fought off the evil from our land many times and also managed to seal it away. Unfortunately.. The sorrowful day she sealed the evil away, she got so injured that she died the following night holding me on her arms. I'll never forget it. I'll never get the image off my mind. She is now sleeping at the graveyard next to the sanctuary. I haven't visited her much lately. Maybe tomorrow I will.

I grabbed my harp one more time and played the short song my mother played to me everyday since the day I was born. She liked to call it her lullaby. I still play it, to honour her.

I blew the candle out and tucked myself under my warm blanket and quickly fell asleep.

I saw a dream. In my dream.. A character, in blue, was dancing with a character in green. In a huge palace under many shattered golden pieces.