Chapter 8 - break a habit

I spent the following months in various parts of Hyrule. I tried to compare Hyrule and Arlen. They looked like each other. Alot. Arlen was twice as big, though.

During my months in sunny Hyrule, thinking about Link has became a habit. Part of the everyday routine. Everything reminds me about him. All of the things in Hyrule resembles his colorful persona. I wonder how he is doing.

Everyone at the castle knows about Link. They say he and his hideous kingdom do not deserve any time from this glorious world of ours. They say that a Heroine like me, has better things to do, than to dream about an lad in distress. But what? What are the better things? Hyrule has been living a peaceful life since my mother. I have nothing to do in here. I could help Arlen and then come back to here, I don't see why that is such a big problem. We have everything we need in Hyrule. Arlen has nothing.
I was mean towards Link. He does not deserve that. He tries to help his kingdom in everyway he can. And I was so arrogant to not even offer my help. I have fully realized it while living the life I have in here.
They also say it takes 21 days to break a habit, but it has been six months and I still miss Link.
I need an excuse to get back to Arlen.
I need to see Link. I need to help him.
*

My shoulder hurts. I don't know what's with it. It has been hurting for the last couple of days. Maybe I should just ignore it.. And focus on the main thing.
I'm making my way to the sanctuary early in the morning when fog still covers up the green hills. Ever since I was a small child, I have been coming to there everyday before the sun rises, to pray for the goddesses' protection and help. I still do that, not everyday though. I visit my mother usually if I come all the way to here. Today is a special day, so I wanted to make sure I'll visit.

"Good morning, mother." I smiled towards an old gravestone that was covered up in moss. "Happy birthday." I cleaned the stone a bit revealing an carved Triforce under it.

Today is my mother's birthday. I know she'd be proud of me if she still was with me. I remember all of her sweet words. She was the most gentle soul I've ever known. Even if I was only a young child when she passed, a child's image of her mother will never fade.

"I miss you." I whispered as I knelt down to plant a bouquet of yellow roses in front of her grave.

"My dear, sweet Zelda. Remember, that mother's love towards her child, is the strongest force in the world, no matter what. Live on.."

Those words.. My mother's last words.. I can always hear them in my mind. Even after ten years.

"Mother.. I have this strange feeling. That-" I started until I heard someone walking behind me.

"Good morning, miss Zelda. You're up early!"

It's the priest. Who else would it be in this place at this time?

"Morning." I responded.

"What are you doing up here this early? The morning is still young."

"I decided to come visit my mother. It is her birthday today."

"Goodness gracious! It is indeed! How could I have possibly forgot?!" The priest panicked.

I smiled. "It is okay. I've already greeted her."

The priest sighed from relief.