Chapter 19 - United

Dawn of the wedding day.

I thought I woke up early but when I turned around in the sheets to see Link he was already gone. How has my sleepyhead woke up this early? Is he that nervous? I smiled and got up from the bed. I just left the room in my nightwear since I'm to tired to change it. I walked over to the dining hall just to see that I was not the only one who haven't changed clothes, Link was practically lying on the table with gorgeous porceline plates full of food in front of his face.

"Good morning." I smiled.

"Urghh..." Link murmured his face glued into the table.

"You sound like you drank eight bottles of whiskey last night. I truly hope you didn't though." I laughed and sat on the table in front of Link.

"I'm tired. I woke up today to make us breakfast." He kept murmuring.

"You did all this?" I asked surprised. "I'm shocked."

After I ate breakfast with Link(it looked better than it tasted. Don't tell him.) I left the kitchen and went back upstairs to the huge bathrooms to get myself ready. I stepped inside to see multiple servants waiting for me. They washed my hair, dried it, guided me to the bathtubs, and then left me to be alone for a moment.
As I sat in the tub trying to avoid my hair from getting wet again I thinked about the promise I made at the engagement ceremony, am I really willing to give it all away just for this? What about... Hyrule.. Impa.. Tears falling off my face once again I felt so utterly stupid. How have I made such an promise..? No, do I even have to do it? I said maybe, not straight yes. What if I just wish for a new Triforce for Arlen? But the Hyrulian Triforce only grants one wish per century and it shatters into three pieces after its use.. So Hyrule would be in ruins but Arlen would be fine.. But what if I'll give the Triforce of courage to Link like he asked me to, Hyrule would have two pieces and Arlen one. But that isn't going to help.. If the Triforce is not completed it is useless... No, no... This is too complicated.

As I was thinking about the consequences I tried to ignore the pain that hurted my right hand but it got so strong that I had to look. I raised my right hand and saw the Triforce of power glowing golden. Why is this hurting so much all of a sudden?

At that second I heard a knock on the doors. "Your majesty, Princess Zelda, you need to get dressed now." It was probably one of the annoying servants who said that.

"I'll be there in a moment!" I yelled back. I got up from the tub and wrapped a towel around me. I walked to the next room where more servants waited for me. I sat on a chair and they started to apply makeup on my face. I tried my best to keep an straight face and ignore the pain at my hand.
After some time the servants guided me to the dressing room. They dressed me up on a gorgeous white dress. Body tight from the top, widening from the bottom, long ornamented valances, short tight sleeves. I turned around in front of the mirror to see how I looked. It didn't look half as bad as I had excepted. I put on white heels that had a blue diamond in them as an ornament. They brushed my hair to straighten it up, one last time, put a silver tiara to my head and gave me a bouquet of red roses.

I stood at the red carpet in front of the huge doors. This is it. I'm ready to go. I inhaled and exhaled slowly as I watched the doors open. I stepped in and walked slowly towards Link who seemed to be thousand miles away. I tried to ignore all of the hundreds and hundreds people sitting in benches, where in the world have they all even came from? The only people I recognized was Ganondorf sitting in the front line already crying. As I reached Link and stood in front of him the priest walked next to us and started to speak.